IS IT WORTH IT TO GO KENDING?

relance

Member
Joined
May 6, 2015
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Hi Guys..

Going to Kaohsiong soon.

Me and my friend are thinking of heading over to Kending for a short 1 day trip (maybe stay 1 night there too).

But seems like its quite inconvenient to go there (2hours from Kaohsiong) and in Kending itself all the attractions are quite inconvenient to go as well.

Are the attractions in Kending a must go? Or is it just a normal beach area only?
 

SeafoodGuy

Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2010
Messages
161
Reaction score
12
I was there from Thursday to Saturday. I don't think there are much of a beach day for you. There are a lot of corals alone the coast line which makes it difficult to have a beach day. Nanwan which is also "South Sea Bay" is for seaports if I'm not wrong. However, I don't know why, when sea sports are not available, they close off the beach. I saw the beach was open when I drove past on Thursday, but it was barricade up on Friday when I drop by.

The coast line is however very beautiful, I drove along the coast and stop at various points to walk further in to admire the scenery.

I rent a car from kaohsiung airport and drove to kenting, so getting around wasn't a problem. But the heavy rain and wind gust over the past days was really bad.

*Note that some information I provide above might not be accurate as it was just based on my personal experience from my 3days 2night in Kenting which is just 2days ago.
 

jsylim

Member
Joined
Jan 30, 2011
Messages
412
Reaction score
0
I went back in Oct 2013 for 2 nights. Was very disappointed when we got there. Traveling was very inconvenient, there were very few taxis (if they even have it there). Unless you can arrange for your own transport, getting ard is difficult. Public bus waiting time is long and some bus driver surprisingly can choose to reject driving you. The night market steet was very short and nothing special there.
I guess unless you are into water sports then consider going there.
 

bleach87

Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2009
Messages
370
Reaction score
0
Hello friends, some questions hoping can get help here
1)im going to kaohsiung on the 8th tp 12th sept, shd i spend 2 days at hengchun/kending, 2 days at kaohsiung?

2) any recommendation for minsu/hotel at kaohsiung, kending, hengchun?

3) easy to drive there? Or shd i just get cab?
 

relance

Member
Joined
May 6, 2015
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Thanks.. I will probably rent a veh to travel there from Kaohsiung.

Seems to be super inconvenient to take public transport
 

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
21,988
Reaction score
2
I went back in Oct 2013 for 2 nights. Was very disappointed when we got there. Traveling was very inconvenient, there were very few taxis (if they even have it there). Unless you can arrange for your own transport, getting ard is difficult. Public bus waiting time is long and some bus driver surprisingly can choose to reject driving you. The night market steet was very short and nothing special there.
I guess unless you are into water sports then consider going there.
wic night market u went? kenting st so many things to buy n makan
not public bus reject u, is u stand wrong place so tat hack care u la
few cabs?...I nvr haf problem wif tat b4
 

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
21,988
Reaction score
2
I was there from Thursday to Saturday. I don't think there are much of a beach day for you. There are a lot of corals alone the coast line which makes it difficult to have a beach day. Nanwan which is also "South Sea Bay" is for seaports if I'm not wrong. However, I don't know why, when sea sports are not available, they close off the beach. I saw the beach was open when I drove past on Thursday, but it was barricade up on Friday when I drop by.

The coast line is however very beautiful, I drove along the coast and stop at various points to walk further in to admire the scenery.

I rent a car from kaohsiung airport and drove to kenting, so getting around wasn't a problem. But the heavy rain and wind gust over the past days was really bad.

*Note that some information I provide above might not be accurate as it was just based on my personal experience from my 3days 2night in Kenting which is just 2days ago.

just last few days ago???
there is typhoon coming, of cos they close the beach la
 

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
21,988
Reaction score
2
Hello friends, some questions hoping can get help here
1)im going to kaohsiung on the 8th tp 12th sept, shd i spend 2 days at hengchun/kending, 2 days at kaohsiung?
hengchun n kenting very near(although not walking distance)
u can spend both places for a 2d1n or 3d2n

2) any recommendation for minsu/hotel at kaohsiung, kending, hengchun?

u can refer to my website
http://www.mytaiwanguide.com.sg/pdfs/7-Hotel.pdf

3) easy to drive there? Or shd i just get cab?
easy to drive from where to where?
comment in blue
 

fireworks79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2006
Messages
21,988
Reaction score
2
Hi Guys..

Going to Kaohsiong soon.

Me and my friend are thinking of heading over to Kending for a short 1 day trip (maybe stay 1 night there too).

But seems like its quite inconvenient to go there (2hours from Kaohsiong) and in Kending itself all the attractions are quite inconvenient to go as well.

Are the attractions in Kending a must go? Or is it just a normal beach area only?
there are more than just a beach at kenting
there r hot springs at sichong river
marine museum(biggest among Asian countries)
beautiful coastline scenic view
play ur own fireworks
watersports like swimming, scuba diving etc
beautiful sunset view at kuanshan
visit to movie cape no 7 filming site
 

purplebanana

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 13, 2007
Messages
1,078
Reaction score
0
kending night market is worth visiting. can also do sightseeing there. the sea views really nice. since already going to kaohsiung, might as well go kending loh.
 

Täuschung

Member
Joined
Jun 29, 2008
Messages
225
Reaction score
1
I went kenting last june. Stayed at minimi inn. Booked the 2 way cab from kaoshiung to kenting through the minsu. You can also choose to book the water sports activities / 1 day trip through them too. Price is quite standardise. What i love most about kenting is the seafood market which is quite well known. Whacked the sashimi, sea urchin, clams etc on my 2 days there. Damn fresh n cheap
 

acetylcholine

Master Member
Joined
Feb 25, 2007
Messages
2,600
Reaction score
23
Rent a car from Kaohsiung and drive down to Kenting on your own. The drive is very easy and some stretches are quite scenic. Parking is not a problem in Kenting - some areas have paid parking (eg, near the town centre) while most other areas have free parking if you bother to look. Go read through the various websites to find which attractions you are interested in. The Kenting National Park website is very useful for this purpose (KTNP Website). If possible, get the GPS coordinates from the website or Google Maps and enter them into your GPS device to minimise the possibility of getting lost. Having your own vehicle gives you greater flexibility (like going out for an evening/night drive to enjoy the sunset/night view) and allows you to explore more remote attractions.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top