Israel

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
115,262
Reaction score
71
Israel..

Anyone travel there before? Any tips?

I'm planning a solo trip there Next year.
 

butterbarter

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
0
Israel..

Anyone travel there before? Any tips?

I'm planning a solo trip there Next year.

Yes, I've been to Jerusalem (and the nearby Bethlehem) and the Dead Sea.

Israel is right next to Jordan, where Petra is (you *must* visit Petra if you are already so near).

What else do you want to know?
 

butterbarter

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2006
Messages
1,714
Reaction score
0
A word of warning: Some hard-core Muslim countries do not welcome visitors who have been to Israel. Eg, Lebanon, Syria, and a few other countries.

Once you have an Israeli chop in your passport, you are essentially barred from these countries unless you get a new passport.

You can ask the Israeli immigration not to stamp your passport, but I'm not sure if there are any negative implications to making this request. I didn't request this, so I have a Israeli stamp in my passport now.

Keep that in mind.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top