itune 11 : missing 'sync apps' checkbox (how to turn off apps syncing)

lambo

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
591
Reaction score
1
I tried syncing my iphone photo today for the first time after updating to itune 11. I have a lot of games and video downloaded into the phone (about 50gb of data) I usually sync the contact and photos only.

I have it plug in for a few hours and went about doing my things. However when I check it is still syncing and my HDD c: drive have left only 1gb of space. The laptop become very slow and almost feel like crashing.

I look though all the setting and is surprise to find that the 'sync apps' checkbox is missing from iTunes 11.

WTF is apple doing? I tried goggle for a work around but fail. Does anyone know how to solve this problem.

I like the iphone but hate apple for restricting user control of the apps and function os. I was not intending to change my phone to an android. But after this experience. I think I will change soon.

Apple starting to sucks after steve job is gone.
 

kun1he2

Master Member
Joined
Dec 29, 2004
Messages
3,736
Reaction score
174
Yeah, noticed that too... Looks like with the new iTunes, all your apps are transferred into your machine when you sync...

The "Automatically sync new apps" option only prevents new apps in iTunes from syncing to the iDevice, not vice versa.
 

lambo

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
591
Reaction score
1
Yeah, noticed that too... Looks like with the new iTunes, all your apps are transferred into your machine when you sync...

The "Automatically sync new apps" option only prevents new apps in iTunes from syncing to the iDevice, not vice versa.

Any itune alternative that can sync contact, photo, movie, music to recommend. Free or purchase. Thanks
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top