Japanese Appliances Step-Down transformer

Potatoworld2

Junior Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi I have a Bruno Hot plate bought from Japan using 1200watts and 100v 50/60Hz.

I have just made an online purchased of the Yazawa voltage converter or transformer that converts input: AC220V~240V 50Hz, output: 100V 50hHz and its 1200W.

Just wondering if the step down transformer that i have purchased online is suitable for my Bruno hotplate? since its using 1200Watts and the transformer i bought also used up to 1200watts.

Thank you ^^
 
Last edited:

Alphas

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2004
Messages
41,237
Reaction score
5,670
Yes it will work. But I would rather use a hot plate for local 240V supply due to the high current.
 

Hafi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 30, 2003
Messages
15,340
Reaction score
5,351
Hi I have a Bruno Hot plate bought from Japan using 1200watts and 100v 50/60Hz.

I have just made an online purchased of the Yazawa voltage converter or transformer that converts input: AC220V~240V 50Hz, output: 100V 50hHz and its 1200W.

Just wondering if the step down transformer that i have purchased online is suitable for my Bruno hotplate? since its using 1200Watts and the transformer i bought also used up to 1200watts.

Thank you ^^
you have to take note of the transformer efficiency, you'll have to get one at least rated 1500W or even 2000W to be on the safe side.
 

Clearnfc

Banned
Joined
Apr 10, 2019
Messages
14,093
Reaction score
3,729
Hi I have a Bruno Hot plate bought from Japan using 1200watts and 100v 50/60Hz.

I have just made an online purchased of the Yazawa voltage converter or transformer that converts input: AC220V~240V 50Hz, output: 100V 50hHz and its 1200W.

Just wondering if the step down transformer that i have purchased online is suitable for my Bruno hotplate? since its using 1200Watts and the transformer i bought also used up to 1200watts.

Thank you ^^

It can be used but you ought to get a bigger capacity step down transformer for additional headroom.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top