Hi all, would like to share my experience yesterday when driving in to jb thru woodlands causeway.
1. Zip past woodlands checkpoint at 11am
2. Reached jb custom at about 12pm.
3. Require touch and go card but my card was inactive as there is no transactions in the past 12 months.
4. Went crazily around to ask other drivers to let me use the card and pay them back 20rm.
5. Finally found 1 nice driver with sufficient money in his card.
6. The gantry opened after I tapped and paid.
7. There was absolutely no custom officer station there to control the gantry. I thought wow... such an advancement.
8. Happily I went off to my shopping trip.
9. When I returned back at about 5pm, to my horror, the custom officer was there to check for my entry visa.
10. Was told that I entered illegally and brought me to custom office.
11. Tried to explain but to no avail after 1st attempt.
12. Decided to keep quiet and apologise as technically, I was trespassing the country since without valid visa regardless whatsoever reasons I have.
13. Finally given a stern warning and let me off.
If not the fine could be about sgd900.
Be careful.... just remember to have your passport stamped with the entry date regardless the situation when we travel. It is imperative to stay vigilant.
1. Zip past woodlands checkpoint at 11am
2. Reached jb custom at about 12pm.
3. Require touch and go card but my card was inactive as there is no transactions in the past 12 months.
4. Went crazily around to ask other drivers to let me use the card and pay them back 20rm.
5. Finally found 1 nice driver with sufficient money in his card.
6. The gantry opened after I tapped and paid.
7. There was absolutely no custom officer station there to control the gantry. I thought wow... such an advancement.
8. Happily I went off to my shopping trip.
9. When I returned back at about 5pm, to my horror, the custom officer was there to check for my entry visa.
10. Was told that I entered illegally and brought me to custom office.
11. Tried to explain but to no avail after 1st attempt.
12. Decided to keep quiet and apologise as technically, I was trespassing the country since without valid visa regardless whatsoever reasons I have.
13. Finally given a stern warning and let me off.
If not the fine could be about sgd900.
Be careful.... just remember to have your passport stamped with the entry date regardless the situation when we travel. It is imperative to stay vigilant.
Your first trip inside? You are considered EXTREMELY lucky for getting away with a stern warning.. Have read and heard so many cases of people getting worse for less... The usual process is to stamp passport, tap and pay, gantry up and go.