Jeju experts lip lai

MoeLanYong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
34,817
Reaction score
32,689
How many times have you been to Jeju and what is it about Jeju that you like?
 

PaprikaSG

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 6, 2021
Messages
12,309
Reaction score
7,514
What type of seafood?

Tom yam seafood 🙈

1*JTVoQB5Qd5YSIpOI8dyCaA.jpeg
 

saffronsatire

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2012
Messages
7,435
Reaction score
717
Only been once. Not expert but overall, vibe is more chill, crowds generally more manageable at attractions. Car rental one of the cheapest around. Food wise feels more touristy and ex than Seoul.
 

XcoVar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2019
Messages
13,626
Reaction score
13,783
This thread is good for moi. Am heading to Jeju for 8 days then another 9 days in Seoul. So far have listed many itineraries inside Naver App. AirBnb accomodation and flight tix booked.🥳
 

Laguna123

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2005
Messages
95,201
Reaction score
29,708
Not Jeju expert but went there few times and this year also being there.
Its more relaxing there, also like eating their seafood.
But was quite surprise my recent trip there seem to be quite a high number of PRC students there.
The general sentiment about the local towards the tourist don't seem good now. My stayed at Lotte city hotel had also encountered a number of PRC tour buses came to the hotel to buy duty free goods.
Maybe it's just my personal feel.
 

MoeLanYong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
34,817
Reaction score
32,689
This thread is good for moi. Am heading to Jeju for 8 days then another 9 days in Seoul. So far have listed many itineraries inside Naver App. AirBnb accomodation and flight tix booked.🥳

When are you going?
 

MoeLanYong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
34,817
Reaction score
32,689
Not Jeju expert but went there few times and this year also being there.
Its more relaxing there, also like eating their seafood.
But was quite surprise my recent trip there seem to be quite a high number of PRC students there.
The general sentiment about the local towards the tourist don't seem good now. My stayed at Lotte city hotel had also encountered a number of PRC tour buses came to the hotel to buy duty free goods.
Maybe it's just my personal feel.

Few times is how many times? Which part of Jeju you went? East or west side?
 

PsyClick

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2002
Messages
2,020
Reaction score
517
Went once
Generally kids friendly, nature centric
If drive, can hop and stay in north south east west experience abit everywhere

another good thing is speed limit 30-50…. Get used to left hand drive if not quite stressful
 

Laguna123

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2005
Messages
95,201
Reaction score
29,708
Few times is how many times? Which part of Jeju you went? East or west side?
Pre-covid 3 times, this year once.
I have been to both East and West sides, one trip even went there to explore their museums.
Went once during CNY, luckily many restaurants still operating. All of the times there were either self drive or hire private driver.
 

XcoVar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2019
Messages
13,626
Reaction score
13,783
Went once
Generally kids friendly, nature centric
If drive, can hop and stay in north south east west experience abit everywhere

another good thing is speed limit 30-50…. Get used to left hand drive if not quite stressful
I wanna ask about parking. If you go night market, do they collect payment during exit or pay via the machine? It seems mostly in Korean language, any difficulty?
 

MoeLanYong

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2019
Messages
34,817
Reaction score
32,689
Pre-covid 3 times, this year once.
I have been to both East and West sides, one trip even go there to explore their museums.
Went once during CN, luckily many restaurants still operating. All of the times there were either self drive or hire private driver.

I went last year. First time. Loved it. Self drive with naver. Love the cafe scene. Hip. Modern. Went cafe hopping. Their pastry is delicious. Stayed at the beach front. The sea breeze is cannot describe. I felt my soul become alive. The people are warm. I got free fish at restaurants. Unheard of in Sg. Abalone eat till scared. But it was short like 1 week. Spent most time in the west of airport side.

Do you think it is too soon to go there again this dec? Anything interesting on the east side? Why you go 4 times?
 

PsyClick

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2002
Messages
2,020
Reaction score
517
I wanna ask about parking. If you go night market, do they collect payment during exit or pay via the machine? It seems mostly in Korean language, any difficulty?
Hi sorry
I can’t remember this one small detail

the only time I took chargeable parking was when I went to the famous market in the city.. I suspect I scanned with my YouTrip card during exit

pls double confirm with someone else
 

XcoVar

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2019
Messages
13,626
Reaction score
13,783
Hi sorry
I can’t remember this one small detail

the only time I took chargeable parking was when I went to the famous market in the city.. I suspect I scanned with my YouTrip card during exit

pls double confirm with someone else
Ok, no worries.🥰
 

Laguna123

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 30, 2005
Messages
95,201
Reaction score
29,708
I went last year. First time. Loved it. Self drive with naver. Love the cafe scene. Hip. Modern. Went cafe hopping. Their pastry is delicious. Stayed at the beach front. The sea breeze is cannot describe. I felt my soul become alive. The people are warm. I got free fish at restaurants. Unheard of in Sg. Abalone eat till scared. But it was short like 1 week. Spent most time in the west of airport side.

Do you think it is too soon to go there again this dec? Anything interesting on the east side? Why you go 4 times?
East side can go Seongsan, Manjanggul Cave, Bijarim Forest and Woljeongri Beach.
It just happened that my relatives and friends went so I just tag along.
This year was to bring my mother go, she like it there. Think the foods they're suitable for seniors.
Also go to their Osulloc Tea Museum, this is a must go for me every time there.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top