jogging and motivation thread

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,368
Reaction score
11,601


Progressive long run 19.3km, no cramp/stitch, no gel and hydration


Bro better take care of the hydration.......dont take any risks even if it doesnt seem to present any issues. We dont want any risk of the blood getting too thick / little viscosity leading to cardiac events.

For cycling, it can also lead to impaired decision making on the road and coordination issues.

Also why im not really keen on things like heat training.
 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,368
Reaction score
11,601
How can anybody not love Sam Long. (Haters hate on him coz he swims too damn slowly)


 

WussRedXLi

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2001
Messages
95,368
Reaction score
11,601
Ok, this one's going to be interesting. More data on the 61 yr old


I AM LONGEVITY
I AM LONGEVITY1 day ago
Big News — Longevity Testing Coming Soon A major longevity clinic has reached out to me — they’ll be testing everything. I’m talking full diagnostics: VO₂ max, cardiovascular function, body fat, organ health, muscle and performance metrics, probably even jumping, running, and overall functional ability. They’ll scan every system in my body — from head to toe. I’ll reveal the name of the clinic once the testing is done. And yes, I’ll be making a few videos about the entire process — maybe even filming parts of the functional tests so you can see it all. People keep saying I must be “on something.” Well… they’re going to test it all. No more talking — you’ll see the results yourself. Stay tuned.
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,348
Reaction score
7,987
Actually other than stan chart, most runs if u can squeeze to the front and your pace is not too bad, really not say a lot of people to overtake.
True, either squeeze to the front.
Community runs with lesser crowd has it charm, and still give that race atmosphere. And their unker and auntie volunteers are the best.
Used to prefer to run those PA or community club organized runs in the park than branded 2xu. But now no more liao. Guess they have their hands tied with organising those health 365 programmes like community zoomba, yoga or Pilate.
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,348
Reaction score
7,987
Last weekend I was doing trial on my performance gel, those high carb and high kcal gels. One of them is the sis beta fuel with nootropics. I.e. it contain 200mg of caffeine and other stuff to keep you alert. Even for a daily coffee drinker , I couldn't sleep for that night. Kept awake till next day 9am. Alertness from the nootropic is too much for me, also gave me diarrhea 4 hours later after the run.
I will give the sis nootropics one more trial, maybe break it into two doses, before I want to decide to include it for the race.
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,348
Reaction score
7,987

Tudo88

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 7, 2009
Messages
1,218
Reaction score
1,109
Stand chart too many pen b runners who do 5 hours marathon. You have to be at the front of pen b.
Only got 2023 experience. Was at Pen C doing HM. I found it ok,was in the middle of the pen.

Unless the start is like income run or starting got some narrow path or turns,then it will become an issue I guess
 

Ender

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
18,348
Reaction score
7,987
Only got 2023 experience. Was at Pen C doing HM. I found it ok,was in the middle of the pen.

Unless the start is like income run or starting got some narrow path or turns,then it will become an issue I guess
The Marina barrage dam, that bridge was also a choke point, and the income eco and garmin organizers can only cordon off half the path from the public. Making the portion right at start to have some congestion too. Later in the run still ok if runners just keep left.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top