Kernel power error 41 (63)

SunnyBox

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2014
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Hello

In the past few months, my PC starts to crash at random, with the monitor giving a "no signal" error to my display even though the machine itself is still powered on and working. It started out as being after a few crashing and recovering of the GPU driver, around 10 to 20 minutes after the PC boots, the problem will then solve itself after a few restarts and then the cycle repeats itself everyday. I first thought that it was due to my faulty keyboard and replacing it did stabilise my PC for a few weeks before the problem returns. Reinstalling the GPU driver after using DDU did stabilise it for a few weeks again, as did disabling the redundant audio drivers and reinstalling Windows 10. These solutions only solved the problem temporarily and the same problem returns after a few weeks, evolving from its original form into giving the same error without any warning and its latest form being giving the error even before I have a chance to see the starting splash screen to log in to Windows, which refuses to solve itself no matter how many times I restart.

The event manager gave a Kernal-power 41(63) error, which I have attempted to tackle via the many solutions online to no avail. I now have no idea which part of the PC went wrong, though i suspect it might be from the PSU. I have tried memtest86 and swapping DIMM slots, which I think removes RAM from the list of suspects.

PC information (whatever I could gather since my PC is inaccessible)
I have not overclocked anything ever
CPU: i7-4790k
Motherboard: Z97 MSI Gaming 3
RAM: G.Skill RipJaw X 8GBx2
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW edtion (driver 362.00)
PSU: Seasonic P760
SSD: Samsung 850 PRO
HDD: WD Black 1TB

Any help provided will be greatly appreciated.
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Well definitely its your GPU that is failing. Cos I also have driver issues with GPU and random crash.

PSU and mobo could be the causes of it as well.

But I think maybe u can try onboard GPU to test those crashing issues.
 

SunnyBox

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2014
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
So I have tried that out, and the GPU is indeed the problem :(

Do I now look for convergent or Evga themselves for rma/warranty?
 
Last edited:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
So I have tried that out, and the GPU is indeed the problem :(

Do I now look for convergent or Evga themselves for rma/warranty?

email EVGA ur issues 1st and den see if they can allow u to rma @EVGATaiwan :o
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top