Koh Samet

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2003
Messages
71,239
Reaction score
853
Any recommendation for resort in Koh Samet around 100+- in the area of Ao Phai, Ao Phutsa (Phudsa) or Ao Vong (Wong) Duan?
 

turtlezhu

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2008
Messages
22,428
Reaction score
45
Any recommendation for resort in Koh Samet around 100+- in the area of Ao Phai, Ao Phutsa (Phudsa) or Ao Vong (Wong) Duan?

sorry bro no advice. but please do update your trip here. as i have always been keen to visit samet. a night at samet then another at rayong.
 

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2003
Messages
71,239
Reaction score
853
sorry bro no advice. but please do update your trip here. as i have always been keen to visit samet. a night at samet then another at rayong.

Wait and see if there's any other people who went and can advice better loh. :s13:

I've seen a few from agoda but can't really decide which one to get. So any recommendation here would definitely make my life easier.

Will surely update my trip here.

Thinking to take bus or minivan over, then probably cab back to BKK.
 

Delsamor

Banned
Joined
Aug 20, 2001
Messages
13,977
Reaction score
9
I have been to koh samet....But I stayed near Hat Sai Kaew beach, just right beside Nadan Pier. Yup you got it, it's the sunrise villa. Highly recommend it. Had tons of fun here and went squid fishing with the locals.

It depends on what you want when you choose your location to stay. It's a small island and all the beaches are within few km distance. If you want atas location, Ao Vong Duan is for you. Many atas ang moh stay here because they have a nice beach that are not crowded.

Hat Sai Kaew beach is the most crowded one as it is near to the main pier where tons of accommodations are. But the fire show at night is very nice (Ploy talay restaurant). This area has many nice eats, restaurant or street food.

Do you like sunrise and sunset? koh samet has the best view of it!

p1040691.jpg


p1040719.jpg
 

Delsamor

Banned
Joined
Aug 20, 2001
Messages
13,977
Reaction score
9
I went by the BKK - Pattaya - Koh Samet route. In Pattaya, you can buy a combo ticket (minivan + ferry) from the tour agency. Make sure you shop around and find the best price. Minivan is the cheapest but longest and unpredictable way. If you have the money to splurge, hire a taxi.

Maybe can stay in bkk a night, so you won't have to rush to catch the plane back?
 

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2003
Messages
71,239
Reaction score
853
Thanks. Probably won't stay at Sai Kaew beach cause too crowded. Hence, the three other beach that I've mentioned earlier so. Also, I'll be there on weekdays so hopefully more quieter.

I will be staying in BKK for two nights. Thinking of cabbing back cause it will be quite late when reach BKK if take bus route. If I were to depart from Ban Phe around 12-1pm, then I will only reach BKK at evening time.
 

Delsamor

Banned
Joined
Aug 20, 2001
Messages
13,977
Reaction score
9
Thanks. Probably won't stay at Sai Kaew beach cause too crowded. Hence, the three other beach that I've mentioned earlier so. Also, I'll be there on weekdays so hopefully more quieter.

I will be staying in BKK for two nights. Thinking of cabbing back cause it will be quite late when reach BKK if take bus route. If I were to depart from Ban Phe around 12-1pm, then I will only reach BKK at evening time.

If you wish to take their green taxi from Ao Vong Duan to other places, their taxi fare per pax is referring to full passenger. If you are only 1 person and no other passenger, you will pay for the full fare :(

Weekday is quieter. On weekend you will start to see local Thai and farangs with luggage coming in.
 

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2003
Messages
71,239
Reaction score
853
If you wish to take their green taxi from Ao Vong Duan to other places, their taxi fare per pax is referring to full passenger. If you are only 1 person and no other passenger, you will pay for the full fare :(

Weekday is quieter. On weekend you will start to see local Thai and farangs with luggage coming in.

I heard that can rent ATV to roam around? Maybe I'll do that, or rent a bike.
So no need to take taxi.
 

BoonMee

Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2008
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Airasia promo to utp pattaya to samet..

Side walk boutique have bike to rent n for privacy can
try baan ploy sea.
 

Delsamor

Banned
Joined
Aug 20, 2001
Messages
13,977
Reaction score
9
I heard that can rent ATV to roam around? Maybe I'll do that, or rent a bike.
So no need to take taxi.

Yes there's ATV to rent but I think it is by hourly rate, about $20sgd or so if I'm not wrong. I just roughly remembered it is too costly for me that's why I drop off this idea.

Motorbike is a great way to go around the Island :s12:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top