maomao82
Senior Member
- Joined
- Oct 16, 2007
- Messages
- 976
- Reaction score
- 0
Hi guru,
has been mising the IT arena for sometimes, helping my CO to source for a new laptop (occasional use only 90%, and cater for on-to-go usuage at times 10%)
Price <= $1.5k (the lesser the better)
Looking for <= 1.5kg
Battery Lifespan decent
Local service centre support
(min specs ¬ i5-8250, 8gb ram, 215gb SSD, dedicated GPU is a +)
Slight MS office work, check email, surfing net/forum, online shopping watching video etc
Honestly, in my mindset brand quality Asus>HP>Dell>Lenovo>Acer> Others.
Pardon if I offended any fans - no such if nowadays upcoming brands are overtaking the Taiwan giant, and heard pple recommending Lenovo? Are they still good after IBM combine with them?
I also heard about some brands local support no longer in Singapore. Which brand still gt dedicated svc centre in SG?
Saw a few decent models Asus Z403, UX431 , UX333, realised ASUS range is so confusing nowadays, eg Zenbook 14/15, Vivobook 15
Hope some guru to shed some light, if there's other laptop models to compare with those I looked at, or criticise on wat issues with the models.
TIA
has been mising the IT arena for sometimes, helping my CO to source for a new laptop (occasional use only 90%, and cater for on-to-go usuage at times 10%)
Price <= $1.5k (the lesser the better)
Looking for <= 1.5kg
Battery Lifespan decent
Local service centre support
(min specs ¬ i5-8250, 8gb ram, 215gb SSD, dedicated GPU is a +)
Slight MS office work, check email, surfing net/forum, online shopping watching video etc
Honestly, in my mindset brand quality Asus>HP>Dell>Lenovo>Acer> Others.
Pardon if I offended any fans - no such if nowadays upcoming brands are overtaking the Taiwan giant, and heard pple recommending Lenovo? Are they still good after IBM combine with them?
I also heard about some brands local support no longer in Singapore. Which brand still gt dedicated svc centre in SG?
Saw a few decent models Asus Z403, UX431 , UX333, realised ASUS range is so confusing nowadays, eg Zenbook 14/15, Vivobook 15
Hope some guru to shed some light, if there's other laptop models to compare with those I looked at, or criticise on wat issues with the models.
TIA
