OK it has been two weeks and here is my experience in the US and Mexico but it is a business cum leisure trip.
The company's sales meeting is to be held in Mexico. More specific it is in the southern-most tip of the California Baja Peninsula which is a state is Mexico itself known as Baja California Sur. It is separate from Baja California. In short they call the state BCS.
So off I went. The usual land in Narita before going off to LAX. The thing is this. LA for a layover is damn boring. Since we are to pass customs and get our passports stamped, we opted to stay a night to recover. We stayed at the Radisson LAX. I chose this for a reason. Walking distance to In-And-Out. I also know that a runway is just next to it. Lots of photo opportunities. If ever there is a layover LAX, I highly suggest doing this.
So we landed in the morning. By the time we reached the hotel (free shuttle from LAX), it was near lunch. Check in is not available until 3pm so we walked over to In-And-Out at Westchester. Got our double-double meals. Proceeded outside to this green space. Sat down and ate and I took pictures of the planes coming to land at LAX.
We returned checked in and got tickets to take the Ocean Express Bus. This bus takes you to Manhattan beach. For all purposes, it is a very good excursion. The streets there are full of eateries, shops etc. Better than the boring surrounds of the hotel cluster for LAX.
Manhattan beach pics. There are lots of fine houses here. See already really want to own them but considering the crowds that come to the beach, might not be a good idea. No privacy. The last financial crisis, these houses plummeted in value. Got a lot of fire sale. Now the price went up like crazy. Here is a cute BBQ that is converted to flower stand.
Manhattan beach as I took it from the pier.
Iconic US beach lifeguard station.
Sunset on the pier.
By the night, damn exhausted but that is how it is supposed to be. Next day we flew to San Jose del Cabo. Flight is as per normal. Just really hate transiting in the US because they have no transit hall. Must pass customs. If you check in bag, must collect bag. If you flight is a couple a hours away, must check the bag in again. That is why I took only a carry on. On the way there, the plane passed by some really beautiful islands.
When we arrived, the place is like your typical resort except that this is an*all-inclusive* resort. Meaning it is like Club Med in Bintan. Eat no need to pay. All included in your hotel bill. Drink also no need.
The rooms are big. Got fan. Got aircon. Got TV the usual.
Picture from the lobby. BTW, see the poolside bar? Behind it is a snack bar. So was literally here when there is no company meeting, mingle, talk, drink magheritas, eat nachos, sandwiches, beer etc. Stay in the water until I pruned so badly.
The company's sales meeting is to be held in Mexico. More specific it is in the southern-most tip of the California Baja Peninsula which is a state is Mexico itself known as Baja California Sur. It is separate from Baja California. In short they call the state BCS.
So off I went. The usual land in Narita before going off to LAX. The thing is this. LA for a layover is damn boring. Since we are to pass customs and get our passports stamped, we opted to stay a night to recover. We stayed at the Radisson LAX. I chose this for a reason. Walking distance to In-And-Out. I also know that a runway is just next to it. Lots of photo opportunities. If ever there is a layover LAX, I highly suggest doing this.
So we landed in the morning. By the time we reached the hotel (free shuttle from LAX), it was near lunch. Check in is not available until 3pm so we walked over to In-And-Out at Westchester. Got our double-double meals. Proceeded outside to this green space. Sat down and ate and I took pictures of the planes coming to land at LAX.
We returned checked in and got tickets to take the Ocean Express Bus. This bus takes you to Manhattan beach. For all purposes, it is a very good excursion. The streets there are full of eateries, shops etc. Better than the boring surrounds of the hotel cluster for LAX.
Manhattan beach pics. There are lots of fine houses here. See already really want to own them but considering the crowds that come to the beach, might not be a good idea. No privacy. The last financial crisis, these houses plummeted in value. Got a lot of fire sale. Now the price went up like crazy. Here is a cute BBQ that is converted to flower stand.
Manhattan beach as I took it from the pier.
Iconic US beach lifeguard station.
Sunset on the pier.
By the night, damn exhausted but that is how it is supposed to be. Next day we flew to San Jose del Cabo. Flight is as per normal. Just really hate transiting in the US because they have no transit hall. Must pass customs. If you check in bag, must collect bag. If you flight is a couple a hours away, must check the bag in again. That is why I took only a carry on. On the way there, the plane passed by some really beautiful islands.
When we arrived, the place is like your typical resort except that this is an*all-inclusive* resort. Meaning it is like Club Med in Bintan. Eat no need to pay. All included in your hotel bill. Drink also no need.
The rooms are big. Got fan. Got aircon. Got TV the usual.
Picture from the lobby. BTW, see the poolside bar? Behind it is a snack bar. So was literally here when there is no company meeting, mingle, talk, drink magheritas, eat nachos, sandwiches, beer etc. Stay in the water until I pruned so badly.
Last edited:
