Hi all,
My laptop of almost 7years is giving me problems. Nowadays it will just black out suddenly while I am in a middle of a game or doing work. If it is in game, I am still able to hear the game music, but it seems to be in a loop of sorts. I will need to hard restart my laptop before things goes back to normal for a while. Anyone knows how to fix it or its an indication that it's time is up. I've only upgraded it's HDD to an SSD 2years back.
I need a computer to work hence I am thinking of fixing a new desktop if my laptop is unfixable. I have kind of settled on Intel because I will need to rely on the onboard graphics until the GTX1100 series has emerged and their prices have stabilised. Thing is, I understand the 9th Gen Intel chips are coming, and unless I have misread, I haven't seen anything exceptionally special about them aside from higher clock speed and better competition with Ryzen. So should I proceed with the 8th Gen CPU or wait out for the 9th Gen which should be out in October. Kind of stuck because of the possibility of prices dropping soon and the 9th Gen coming soon, but I am not sure how long can my laptop hold out as well.
My laptop of almost 7years is giving me problems. Nowadays it will just black out suddenly while I am in a middle of a game or doing work. If it is in game, I am still able to hear the game music, but it seems to be in a loop of sorts. I will need to hard restart my laptop before things goes back to normal for a while. Anyone knows how to fix it or its an indication that it's time is up. I've only upgraded it's HDD to an SSD 2years back.
I need a computer to work hence I am thinking of fixing a new desktop if my laptop is unfixable. I have kind of settled on Intel because I will need to rely on the onboard graphics until the GTX1100 series has emerged and their prices have stabilised. Thing is, I understand the 9th Gen Intel chips are coming, and unless I have misread, I haven't seen anything exceptionally special about them aside from higher clock speed and better competition with Ryzen. So should I proceed with the 8th Gen CPU or wait out for the 9th Gen which should be out in October. Kind of stuck because of the possibility of prices dropping soon and the 9th Gen coming soon, but I am not sure how long can my laptop hold out as well.
