Laptop games cannot be played in widescreen format

Bus555

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2012
Messages
2,291
Reaction score
41
I have a few games that can be played in widescreen mode (16:9) but there are a minority that can only be played in 4:3 format (no matter how I change the settings inside the games) How do I fix that problem?

My graphics card specs:

-AMD Radeon HD 8500M
-Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4210U CPU @ 1.70GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

OS running on Windows 8.1

Even games like blackshot are running at 4:3 aspact.
 
Last edited:

Bus555

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2012
Messages
2,291
Reaction score
41
Ok actually only games like OMSI Bus Simulator can be played in full 16:9 aspect.

Others games like Blackshot, Crazy Taxi, Counter Strike, are all in 4:3 aspect (changing their settings also no use).

I even did a full uninstall for both AMD & Intel software installed in my laptop & reinstall, also still the same.
 

uplorry

Suspended
Joined
Nov 17, 2009
Messages
5,177
Reaction score
132
Not sure why, but my MS Surface Pro 2 and Retina MacBook Pro can support both 16:9 and 16:10 resolutions when running CS:GO windows 8.1. :s11:
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top