Laptop powerbank?

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
I'm looking for a powerbank that can charge a full sized laptop so that I can spend hours outside using it without a power outlet.

Any recommendations and places where I can buy them? I know of the energizer xp18000 but I was wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives...

Thank you!
 

gamma7sg

Master Member
Joined
Oct 9, 2005
Messages
3,054
Reaction score
43
I'm looking for a powerbank that can charge a full sized laptop so that I can spend hours outside using it without a power outlet.

Any recommendations and places where I can buy them? I know of the energizer xp18000 but I was wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives...

Thank you!
can take a look @ this product @ any computer consumer shops around..


Innergie l mCube 90 l 90W Laptop Power Adapter
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
Thanks, but that one doesnt have a power bank right? I need something that extends the battery life for a few hours. :)
 

cscs3

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 4, 2000
Messages
21,732
Reaction score
133
I'm looking for a powerbank that can charge a full sized laptop so that I can spend hours outside using it without a power outlet.

Any recommendations and places where I can buy them? I know of the energizer xp18000 but I was wondering if there are any cheaper alternatives...

Thank you!

Quite expensive. May be better choice is to buy another spare battery for the laptop. But you have to swap the battery out to charge them.

btw, it may be more economical to replace with new laptop.Some laptop eg Thinkpad has 2 batteries in build, can use around 10 hours or longer.
 
Last edited:

tarui04

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2004
Messages
64,433
Reaction score
1,782
Quite expensive. May be better choice is to buy another spare battery for the laptop. But you have to swap the battery out to charge them.

btw, it may be more economical to replace with new laptop.Some laptop eg Thinkpad has 2 batteries in build, can use around 10 hours or longer.

T440s

10thinkpads
 

86technie

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 8, 2006
Messages
40,466
Reaction score
6,012
Just get a few extra battery, if you are using commerical or
business laptops.
Check with your IT side or directly to the vendor whether
do they have 6 or 9 cells battery for the battery.
Consumer or personal laptop do not option for 6 or 9 cells
so you can only get more batteries.
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
Yup I can buy a spare battery but it's a little troublesome to take out and charge. I'm still a student but sometimes I prefer to study outside and make notes using MS office etc.
 

SimonLam

Moderator
Moderator
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
11,800
Reaction score
0
dun think have such laptop powerbank.. too low power to charge a laptop battery.

Better get a spare battery instead.
 

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
Thanks :)

Been checking it out online but can't seem to find one that ships directly to Singapore.

Could you share more about the energizer one and why it's not that good?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top