hafizjohan
Junior Member
- Joined
- Feb 20, 2011
- Messages
- 2
- Reaction score
- 0
Hi, I would really appreciate some help and recommendations. Have had FSX since 2006 but never owned a computer that was spec'd to run it.
I would like something slim and light as possible. I travel a lot for work so anything that is heavy and bulky is out of the question. Size isn't too much of a problem, would be okay with anything between 15-17". My budget is maxed out at 2500, but of course, the lower the better.
I would like to run FSX with as high graphics as possible, with add-ons like REX, PMDG & etc.
It'll also be used for movies and the regular stuff.
From what I looked up, FSX uses up more CPU than GPU, don't know how true. I've gathered all this information just from some reading up. So from what I gathered, I guess I would like an i7-4700? HQ/MQ? Could anyone explain the difference? Upgradable on non-upgradable? As for graphics, GeForce GTX765M? Do I want to of for the GTX instead of the GT? I would also like primary SSD and a secondary HDD. Is there anything else that I should know or look out for?
I am very new at this, but I would like to get something that would be able to last for some time at the very least, thus the decent budget (I feel). Don't really want to spend too much just for FSX.
I am considering the MSI GS70 Stealth, Acer Aspire V3... Any pointers, suggestions, recommendations is greatly appreciated. I understand there is an IT SHOW 21-23FEB at EXPO & 28-2MAR at MBS. I don't want to be pressured to make an impulsive purchase from crowds and gimmicky freebies. Is it still worth a look anyhow?
Finally, I've read about stuff not working on MSI, the keyboard lights and all, this is the only setback, I feel of getting a laptop from a slightly younger company. I would really like to not have to go through the trouble of having to take it back for menial faults.
Hear from you guys soon!
I would like something slim and light as possible. I travel a lot for work so anything that is heavy and bulky is out of the question. Size isn't too much of a problem, would be okay with anything between 15-17". My budget is maxed out at 2500, but of course, the lower the better.
I would like to run FSX with as high graphics as possible, with add-ons like REX, PMDG & etc.
It'll also be used for movies and the regular stuff.
From what I looked up, FSX uses up more CPU than GPU, don't know how true. I've gathered all this information just from some reading up. So from what I gathered, I guess I would like an i7-4700? HQ/MQ? Could anyone explain the difference? Upgradable on non-upgradable? As for graphics, GeForce GTX765M? Do I want to of for the GTX instead of the GT? I would also like primary SSD and a secondary HDD. Is there anything else that I should know or look out for?
I am very new at this, but I would like to get something that would be able to last for some time at the very least, thus the decent budget (I feel). Don't really want to spend too much just for FSX.
I am considering the MSI GS70 Stealth, Acer Aspire V3... Any pointers, suggestions, recommendations is greatly appreciated. I understand there is an IT SHOW 21-23FEB at EXPO & 28-2MAR at MBS. I don't want to be pressured to make an impulsive purchase from crowds and gimmicky freebies. Is it still worth a look anyhow?
Finally, I've read about stuff not working on MSI, the keyboard lights and all, this is the only setback, I feel of getting a laptop from a slightly younger company. I would really like to not have to go through the trouble of having to take it back for menial faults.
Hear from you guys soon!
Last edited:

