Lasik eye Surgery

foo9883

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did lasik back in 2016 at SNEC.
All in 3.5k (include pre and post consultation fees)

TamTam

Reaction score
Hi hi, can someone pm me the referral for Dr Julian Theng too? And what's the total cost of the surgery?

ozy615

Reaction score
Today was consultation. Yes, Myopia only.
Everything normal. 2.8k for lasik. Scheduled next week.
First day:
2 hours after surgery: eyes felt very irritating and tearing all the time for 5 hours, despite using eye drops. could not open eyes.
7 hours after surgery: too tired, and fell asleep
8 hours after surgery: woke up and the irritation was gone. eye sight was like around 90%. one eye slightly blurry.

Day two:
Post Surgery Consultation with Dr. Took out the contact lens that was placed when doing the surgery. Was told wound healing OK. can shower and wash face normally. Just avoid fluid splashing into the eyes.

Everything starts to get normal.

So far never felt any eye dryness.

So far all cost 3.1k including GST and eye drops

Day Six:
will see the doctor again.

Last edited:

dabolvar

Reaction score
Hi guys and gals! I'm interested in doing LASIK with EEC as well. Can anyone recommend me their doctors and PM me their referral code please? Thanks a lot! 🙏

DjumbaDjumba

Reaction score
First day:
2 hours after surgery: eyes felt very irritating and tearing all the time for 5 hours, despite using eye drops. could not open eyes.
8 hours after surgery: woke up and the irritation was gone. eye sight was like around 90%. one eye slightly blurry.

Day two:
Post Surgery Consultation with Dr. Took out the contact lens that was placed when doing the surgery. Was told wound healing OK. can shower and wash face normally. Just avoid fluid splashing into the eyes.

Day Six:

Thank you for sharing. I have a question, is it okay to go back to work on the fourth day after surgery in SNEC?
Friday I take leave or MC to go for Lasik, Sat and Sun already no work and rest, Monday go back to work? I work in front of computer from 8am to 5pm.
someone who went to lasik at Shinagawa recommended us to take one week off from work to get eye fully rested especially if work in front of computer all day.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
First day:

Day two:

Day Six:
U needed someone to bring u home?

ozy615

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing. I have a question, is it okay to go back to work on the fourth day after surgery in SNEC?
Friday I take leave or MC to go for Lasik, Sat and Sun already no work and rest, Monday go back to work? I work in front of computer from 8am to 5pm.
someone who went to lasik at Shinagawa recommended us to take one week off from work to get eye fully rested especially if work in front of computer all day.
It is Ok to go back to work. I did that.

On the 3rd or 4th day, my eyes started to feel dry. Need to apply eye drops more frequently. Due to dryness of the eye, your eye will feel tired, not because of using computer. And dry eye will impact vision also as if there is a film on your eye. So using eyes drops will soothe the situation.

My left eye dryness is more prominent than the right eye. Not sure if it was because my left eye moved a bit when the doctor was doing the laser. Should not move at all but for a moment could not control.

Hope that helps

ozy615

Reaction score
U needed someone to bring u home?
I do not need. I was given a pair of sunglasses after surgery and took a taxi home with Sunglasses on and walked normally back without any difficulty or discomfort. Everything was quite alright in the first 1.5 hours. So ample time for us to get home.

My wife is not good at driving and very used to WFH so I never asked her to go with me and she never offered to accompany me.

ozy615

Reaction score
It is Ok to go back to work. I did that.

On the 3rd or 4th day, my eyes started to feel dry. Need to apply eye drops more frequently. Due to dryness of the eye, your eye will feel tired, not because of using computer. And dry eye will impact vision also as if there is a film on your eye. So using eyes drops will soothe the situation.

My left eye dryness is more prominent than the right eye. Not sure if it was because my left eye moved a bit when the doctor was doing the laser. Should not move at all but for a moment could not control.

Hope that helps
In addition to tearing eye drops (moist) frequently (depends on how good your eyes at producing tears by their own), you will also need to apply antibiotics and anti-inflammation eye drops every 2 hours. These two eye drops need 5 min rest each time after application, like close the eye for it to be better absorbed. So you will have a lot of mandatory rest intervals for your eyes if you follow the routine.

I started to drive on day 3, but of course with sunglasses on whenever outdoor or in thee car.

qhong61

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I do not need. I was given a pair of sunglasses after surgery and took a taxi home with Sunglasses on and walked normally back without any difficulty or discomfort. Everything was quite alright in the first 1.5 hours. So ample time for us to get home.

My wife is not good at driving and very used to WFH so I never asked her to go with me and she never offered to accompany me.

Thanks for sharing. Is it for cataract or myopia? How much u pay? Glad u are independent. Though guess u don't mind company too for emotional support?

DjumbaDjumba

Reaction score
Hi guys, I need a referral for SNEC or Shinagawa.
I have finalized which i plan to go and still considering these two.
Please PM me thanks!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.