Lasik eye Surgery

Rex217

Reaction score
Ive have some question regarding the above surgery, i heard from some people that Lasik causes complications as you age? Is that true? Plus, if i were to go for the surgery, does that mean i can watch TV very close, read book in the dark all these doesn affect my vision any more?

kebinu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, no experience yet.

Even if i have done lasik, no people who get old yet. A numbers of my friends went through it, at least they are feeling very great now without contact lens or spec.

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since they are cutting the lense of your eyes, will people look at your eyes abit differently? as in like your eyes will look abit funny?

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
i did lasik...it's nice to finally be able to see wtf the barber is doing when u're getting a haircut :s13:

So true! And now can also see how I look when trying on various sunglasses!:s7:
And most importantly, I finally can see what I look like without my specs!:s12:

hwsv07

Reaction score
can those who have done, care to share how much did the surgery cost you and where u have done it?

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can those who have done, care to share how much did the surgery cost you and where u have done it?

and can give reasons why they went for it?

and surely there must be some cons to it. only matter to the person if the pro outweigh the cons.

Yxy

Master Member
Reaction score
mine around 3.5k cos i got powerful myopia and fierce astigmatism, so need advanced package
did at paragon's Lasik Surgery Clinic...got a lot of chio staff there...:o;)

the surgery itself is fast and not "painful" but very uncomfortable
did on saturday, monday back in office liao

cons : keep looking for specs, then always realised dun need them anymore :s13:

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mine around 3.5k cos i got powerful myopia and fierce astigmatism, so need advanced package
did at paragon's Lasik Surgery Clinic...got a lot of chio staff there...:o;)

the surgery itself is fast and not "painful" but very uncomfortable
did on saturday, monday back in office liao

cons : keep looking for specs, then always realised dun need them anymore :s13:

i see.

chio stuffs as in equiptment hor, arbo you doing the surgery, your eyes move here and there. :s13:

thats all the cons? besides the price thats all? nothing bad at all?

Yxy

Master Member
Reaction score
well...you need to apply eye drops every few hours for a while after the surgery (extra $$)
troublesome, but these are for recovery, so LL

and i think my face looks fatter w/o specs, but that one also LL :s13:

crandfs

Master Member
Reaction score
Flowerpod has a lot of threads discussing the various lasik places. Go look around in the Eye subforum

Rex217

Reaction score
yea, i also want to know the best price, maybe go for consultation first.

Its very subjective la i find. You go to NUH eye centre for consultation of course they say theirs is the cheapest , if you go Paragon LSC , they say the same thing.... i found out one eye centre, maybe Shinagawa could be a better choice? Anyone got expierence going there?

BTw, since Lasik is a new technique (since 1997), there is no garantee that complications will not appear when you age..etc: Im now 22, i do lasik ..later when im 55-65, my eyes developed Mangankyo Sharingan how? I don't want to fall in to darkness le during my golden years >_<

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its very subjective la i find. You go to NUH eye centre for consultation of course they say theirs is the cheapest , if you go Paragon LSC , they say the same thing.... i found out one eye centre, maybe Shinagawa could be a better choice? Anyone got expierence going there?

BTw, since Lasik is a new technique (since 1997), there is no garantee that complications will not appear when you age..etc: Im now 22, i do lasik ..later when im 55-65, my eyes developed Mangankyo Sharingan how? I don't want to fall in to darkness le during my golden years >_<

then wait for someone who have done Lasik and aged then we see how lo.

Yxy

Master Member
Reaction score
when u're 55, they would have invented bionic eyes liao, just do a replace lor :s13:

TopGun

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I just did mine last week at the Lasik Surgery Clinic as well.

My degree is rather high, 700+ plus another like 175 astig. So I took the intralase wavefront.

Did on day 1. Day 2 evening can drive for follow up. Day 3 can go back to work. Eye sight was close to 6/6 on the second day and for my degree, considered very good.

No regrets. Thos who wear high power specs, you will realise you tend to get headaches. No more. Finally I can get through the day w/o headaches. You sleep better, think better and function better. And because there is less strain on your eyes, looking at computer screens no longer hurts.

Worth every cent.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.