late 2009 imac replacing cdrom with SSD

chlai

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 21, 2000
Messages
2,330
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I have the above (sorry it is late 2008 EMC 2210) and I would like to replace the CDrom drive with an SSD.

I understand that I would require a SATA converter adapter.

I would like to find out from those who have done this before the correct adapter to purchase,

Is it, (1) SATA 22 pin 22p Male to ODD slimline SATA 13 pin Female CD-ROM convertor adapter

http://www.amazon.com/slimline-Fema...F8&qid=1416885084&sr=8-14&keywords=sata+22+13

or (2) SATA 22 pin 22p female to ODD slimline SATA 13 pin male CD-ROM convertor adapter

Amazon.com: SATA 22 pin 22p female to ODD slimline SATA 13 pin male CD-ROM convertor adapter: Computers & Accessories

Thanks all!
 
Last edited:

asriznet

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2009
Messages
981
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I have the above and I would like to replace the CDrom drive with an SSD.

I understand that I would require a SATA converter adapter.

I would like to find out from those who have done this before the correct adapter to purchase,

Is it, (1) SATA 22 pin 22p Male to ODD slimline SATA 13 pin Female CD-ROM convertor adapter

http://www.amazon.com/slimline-Fema...F8&qid=1416885084&sr=8-14&keywords=sata+22+13

or (2) SATA 22 pin 22p female to ODD slimline SATA 13 pin male CD-ROM convertor adapter

Amazon.com: SATA 22 pin 22p female to ODD slimline SATA 13 pin male CD-ROM convertor adapter: Computers & Accessories

Thanks all!

the superdrive uses SATA connection as well, typical SATA connection for laptops.

what you need is a caddy with SATA connection to hold the SSD in place.

you can refer to the following guides, includes step-by-step instructions with photos and also tools and parts you need to perform this task.

21" iMac Late 2009: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+iMac+Intel+21.5-Inch+EMC+2308+Dual+Hard+Drive/8641

27" iMac Late 2009: https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Installing+iMac+Intel+27-Inch+EMC+2309+and+2374+Dual+Hard+Drive/8955
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top