Hi all, I am unsure where to post this, however as the title says, I am curious if there is a way to 'disown' your parents. Before you judge, maybe a backstory for you-
My mom is a control freak, somewhat depressive and caused me to drop out of university (because she refused to guarantee my loan and told all my relatives to not help me because she is in debt and paying off my loans - this is false as I am bearing the fees myself). She controls who I friend/date, does checks on my friends and looks down on people. As such me and my sister are quite antisocial.
My dad is a backstabber and money grubber, who will gossip and curse others. He tells every friend, neighbor and relative that he was victimized within the family and that I am just a ****. In front of others, he acts like the perfect dad and boasts of how smart his kids are but they are so unfilial to him. Many times he will twist words and even curse my grandparents and said he wished for them to die and give him their money.
At times my parents will work together to make sure I do not move forward. I am from JC, but it has been 3 years since I dropped out of school. I was accepted to a good course in poly before which I was interested in but my mom hid the letter and said the postman did not deliver it. they worked together to ensure that I do not get loans or help for university. Currently, because of the drop out, I am still in debt.
Once I had a strong depressive episode which led them to force hospitalize me, however they prevented me from talking about the physical/mental abuse at home and instead blamed it on my ex-boyfriend. My dad used to hit my mom, and he hits me too. I have retaliated before and now he likes to verbally insult me, calling me bitch and **** when he sees me. He told people that he is scared of me and afraid that I will kill him. Mom sides with him, because my dad wanted the house and half of her assets if she were to divorce him. When she wanted to leave him, he threatened to suicide, opened the window and when we just looked on, he started throwing and smashing things on the ground.
I would like to leave home, but my mom is the type who would hire a PI to track me down. I am worried for my university (I am planning to study part time next year). Is there any way I can cut off all ties so that they can't find me or obstruct me in any way? Please help, much appreciated.
My mom is a control freak, somewhat depressive and caused me to drop out of university (because she refused to guarantee my loan and told all my relatives to not help me because she is in debt and paying off my loans - this is false as I am bearing the fees myself). She controls who I friend/date, does checks on my friends and looks down on people. As such me and my sister are quite antisocial.
My dad is a backstabber and money grubber, who will gossip and curse others. He tells every friend, neighbor and relative that he was victimized within the family and that I am just a ****. In front of others, he acts like the perfect dad and boasts of how smart his kids are but they are so unfilial to him. Many times he will twist words and even curse my grandparents and said he wished for them to die and give him their money.
At times my parents will work together to make sure I do not move forward. I am from JC, but it has been 3 years since I dropped out of school. I was accepted to a good course in poly before which I was interested in but my mom hid the letter and said the postman did not deliver it. they worked together to ensure that I do not get loans or help for university. Currently, because of the drop out, I am still in debt.
Once I had a strong depressive episode which led them to force hospitalize me, however they prevented me from talking about the physical/mental abuse at home and instead blamed it on my ex-boyfriend. My dad used to hit my mom, and he hits me too. I have retaliated before and now he likes to verbally insult me, calling me bitch and **** when he sees me. He told people that he is scared of me and afraid that I will kill him. Mom sides with him, because my dad wanted the house and half of her assets if she were to divorce him. When she wanted to leave him, he threatened to suicide, opened the window and when we just looked on, he started throwing and smashing things on the ground.
I would like to leave home, but my mom is the type who would hire a PI to track me down. I am worried for my university (I am planning to study part time next year). Is there any way I can cut off all ties so that they can't find me or obstruct me in any way? Please help, much appreciated.
