Lenovo s410 cannot shut down

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Hi guys. I like to check with the other Lenovo s410 users. Only recent few days I noticed that my laptop is not shutting properly. I went through the long normal steps to click "power", then click "shut down". The system seems to be shutting down and screen went black, but I notice the power led is still on and I can hear sounds from the fan. I had to long press the power button to shut it down...

Anyone has the same problem and a solution for it? I tried shutting down without the battery pack, same problem...
 

trento

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2007
Messages
65,609
Reaction score
3,139
try waiting for a few more minutes. my hp pavilion was like tat too. it does shut down eventually.
 

kazuki666

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 16, 2004
Messages
14,804
Reaction score
221
Yes, I found out about this wait too. It can take 3-4mins to shut down, which is strangely slow...
 

iamcdy

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2013
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Sorry guys, just a question before I pin down your problem.

Are all of you running on Win8 OS?
 

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,697
Reaction score
525
Probably some tasks are slow to quit during the shutdown process, and this prolong the shutdown duration.

If you are game, edit the registry to kill task on shutdown.
 

pclum

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,032
Reaction score
4
mine less then one year old G410 sometime also act like what u say, I need to long press the power button to shut it down. Sometime after I use for about 1 hour, it will hang there but when u click another google chrome tab, it will open but don't really act, I close all chrome tap and restart the chrome or firefox, it will not open and nothing will happen, I need to shutdown by long press the power button ( as if I shut down, the led still on and when I press the power button, it will go to previous hanging state ) and restart the laptop. Actually my other laptop never happen like this before.
 

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
17,697
Reaction score
525
Not sure if bad sectors or rogue malware running in the background causing issues.

mine less then one year old G410 sometime also act like what u say, I need to long press the power button to shut it down. Sometime after I use for about 1 hour, it will hang there but when u click another google chrome tab, it will open but don't really act, I close all chrome tap and restart the chrome or firefox, it will not open and nothing will happen, I need to shutdown by long press the power button ( as if I shut down, the led still on and when I press the power button, it will go to previous hanging state ) and restart the laptop. Actually my other laptop never happen like this before.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top