akloaklo
Supremacy Member
- Joined
- Nov 15, 2004
- Messages
- 7,265
- Reaction score
- 23
I'm getting a laptop for programming/light gaming.
Decided to choose Lenovo because I've heard great things about the T series and in my work place i'm using company issued E440 and it's pretty good and solid.
What i'm expected to do on this laptop.
Programming/learning stuff main IDE is visual studio 2019.
Run virtual box to play around with linux.
Games like: Hearthstone, diablo3, civilization 6.
The below configuration will be a T490. Read that it's no longer that customizable
Ok here's what I have (red is my comments
Processor : Intel Core i5-8265U Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.90GHz)
Thought I read that an i5 is a good middle ground as not much diff to i7
Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64
Have MSDN subscription so will have free win 10 professional.
Operating System Language : Windows 10 Home 64 English
Onboard Memory : 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Onboard
Selectable Memory : 8GB DDR4 2400MHz SoDIMM
Total Memory : 16GB(8GB Onboard+8GB SoDIMM) DDR4 2400MHz
Currently I seldom hit 8GB limit in my job but I must have a 16GB for future proofing or what ever tech i'm getting into.
Hard Drive : 512GB Solid State Drive, M.2 2280, NVMe, Opal
512Gb seems to be just nice. Anything lower that 512GB is too little and 1TB is much more expensive.
Display : 14.0" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, 400nits, Anti-glare
I don't know about this 400 nits but thought why not just give it a try.
Graphic Card : NVIDIA GeForce MX250 GDDR5 2GB
For light gaming
Top Cover Material : Standard PPSU Poly Cover
Color : Black
Keyboard : Keyboard Backlit Black English
Camera : IR&720p HD Camera with Microphone
TPM Setting : Enabled Discrete TPM2.0
Battery : 3 Cell Li-Polymer Battery, 50Wh
Power Cord : 65W AC Adapter *** (3pin)-UK (USB Type C)
WLAN Selection : WLAN
Wireless : Intel Wireless-AC 9560 2x2 AC, Bluetooth Version 5.0 Onboard
First Graphic Dongle : HDMI to VGA
Display Panel : 14.0" FHD (1920x1080), No touch, IR-Camera, Mic, No WWAN, WLAN,Low Power
Base : NVIDIA GeForce MX250 GDDR5 2GB
Package Box : Standard Packaging
Language Pack : Publication-English
Warranty : 1 Year Courier/Carry-in
SG$2,292.30
Decided to choose Lenovo because I've heard great things about the T series and in my work place i'm using company issued E440 and it's pretty good and solid.
What i'm expected to do on this laptop.
Programming/learning stuff main IDE is visual studio 2019.
Run virtual box to play around with linux.
Games like: Hearthstone, diablo3, civilization 6.
The below configuration will be a T490. Read that it's no longer that customizable
Ok here's what I have (red is my comments
Processor : Intel Core i5-8265U Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.90GHz)
Thought I read that an i5 is a good middle ground as not much diff to i7
Operating System : Windows 10 Home 64
Have MSDN subscription so will have free win 10 professional.
Operating System Language : Windows 10 Home 64 English
Onboard Memory : 8GB DDR4 2666MHz Onboard
Selectable Memory : 8GB DDR4 2400MHz SoDIMM
Total Memory : 16GB(8GB Onboard+8GB SoDIMM) DDR4 2400MHz
Currently I seldom hit 8GB limit in my job but I must have a 16GB for future proofing or what ever tech i'm getting into.
Hard Drive : 512GB Solid State Drive, M.2 2280, NVMe, Opal
512Gb seems to be just nice. Anything lower that 512GB is too little and 1TB is much more expensive.
Display : 14.0" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, 400nits, Anti-glare
I don't know about this 400 nits but thought why not just give it a try.
Graphic Card : NVIDIA GeForce MX250 GDDR5 2GB
For light gaming
Top Cover Material : Standard PPSU Poly Cover
Color : Black
Keyboard : Keyboard Backlit Black English
Camera : IR&720p HD Camera with Microphone
TPM Setting : Enabled Discrete TPM2.0
Battery : 3 Cell Li-Polymer Battery, 50Wh
Power Cord : 65W AC Adapter *** (3pin)-UK (USB Type C)
WLAN Selection : WLAN
Wireless : Intel Wireless-AC 9560 2x2 AC, Bluetooth Version 5.0 Onboard
First Graphic Dongle : HDMI to VGA
Display Panel : 14.0" FHD (1920x1080), No touch, IR-Camera, Mic, No WWAN, WLAN,Low Power
Base : NVIDIA GeForce MX250 GDDR5 2GB
Package Box : Standard Packaging
Language Pack : Publication-English
Warranty : 1 Year Courier/Carry-in
SG$2,292.30
