LG G Pro 2

algerr

Master Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
3,212
Reaction score
343
I've not tried v20a but had issue with notification light with v20b. So far,
v20d from taiwan is most stable. =)

sorry to ask...

currently having v20c(Taiwan Version), how do I update to v20d(Taiwan Version)??? when I check for software updates, got prompted that v20c is already the latest version... btw, my set is not rooted.

Thanks in advance...
 

december_blues

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2003
Messages
600
Reaction score
101
Had told you guys, it is an issue with v20a to v20c firmware for G Pro 2 and proposed the solution on earlier post to use 'light flow'.

To completely eliminate the issue, flash v20d.

Oops..Looks like not ok. Give up.
 
Last edited:

december_blues

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 12, 2003
Messages
600
Reaction score
101
No apologies required, forum is to help one another.

The update is not OTA, I flashed it manually from downloading the official firmware from the website below:
http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=62

Go read and search within this forum on how to go about doing it.
Is it worth it? My opinion, absolutely. Couple of hours of effort for this super phone to be back in my list of best in phone yet, still, as of now.



sorry to ask...

currently having v20c(Taiwan Version), how do I update to v20d(Taiwan Version)??? when I check for software updates, got prompted that v20c is already the latest version... btw, my set is not rooted.

Thanks in advance...
 

algerr

Master Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
3,212
Reaction score
343
No apologies required, forum is to help one another.

The update is not OTA, I flashed it manually from downloading the official firmware from the website below:
http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=62

Go read and search within this forum on how to go about doing it.
Is it worth it? My opinion, absolutely. Couple of hours of effort for this super phone to be back in my list of best in phone yet, still, as of now.


Thanks man... got v20d up and running by using LG flash tool 2014... hope this version improves the battery life...=)
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
Thanks man... got v20d up and running by using LG flash tool 2014... hope this version improves the battery life...=)

Congratulations brother, I am a newbie in all these,
can share in more detail, the steps as to how to do it to
get v20d using LG flash 2014.

I did not do any factory reset when updating to Lollipop.
What shall I do? Take your time brother, as when you
have to time to post here. I need to start learning all
these technical stuff. Many thanks in advance.
 

algerr

Master Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
3,212
Reaction score
343
Learn and apply this stuffs at your own risk.haha.

I agree with you on this. Before proceeding to flash, bery scared that the phone will be bricked... lucky turn out well..

falcom2002 - try the following steps at your own risk!!!!! if can't work, your phone will be bricked and need to go service center.....:(

My phone is not rooted so I guess the normal procedure works.

If your phone is rooted, PLS DONT TRY THE METHOD AS STATED BELOW~!!

=================
1. Download LG USB Driver for LG G Pro 2 from http://androidxda.com/download-lg-usb-drivers and install in windows.

2. Download LG Flash tool 2014 from
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2797190 and extract it.

3. Download LG G pro 2 v20d Taiwan firmware from
http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=62

Note: choose (Taiwan region - See - 26 TWN/TAIWAN V20d LGD838 1.07 GiB)

The firmware is in KDZ format - put inside the extracted LG Flash tool 2014 folder.

Connect your phone to your pc usb port - it should now show installing LG usb drivers.. let it install successfully...

Start LG Flash Tool 2014 and follow the procedures from
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2797190


Good Luck~!~!~!
 

dakeda

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
665
Reaction score
12
I agree with you on this. Before proceeding to flash, bery scared that the phone will be bricked... lucky turn out well..

falcom2002 - try the following steps at your own risk!!!!! if can't work, your phone will be bricked and need to go service center.....:(

My phone is not rooted so I guess the normal procedure works.

If your phone is rooted, PLS DONT TRY THE METHOD AS STATED BELOW~!!

=================
1. Download LG USB Driver for LG G Pro 2 from http://androidxda.com/download-lg-usb-drivers and install in windows.

2. Download LG Flash tool 2014 from
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2797190 and extract it.

3. Download LG G pro 2 v20d Taiwan firmware from
http://lg-phone-firmware.com/index.php?id_mod=62

Note: choose (Taiwan region - See - 26 TWN/TAIWAN V20d LGD838 1.07 GiB)

The firmware is in KDZ format - put inside the extracted LG Flash tool 2014 folder.

Connect your phone to your pc usb port - it should now show installing LG usb drivers.. let it install successfully...

Start LG Flash Tool 2014 and follow the procedures from
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2797190


Good Luck~!~!~!
Good post. Thanks.

Do you need to put phone in download mode?
I tried but failed: off phone, hold vol up and plug in usb.
Did I do it correctly?

Edit: Got it. But did not flash.
 
Last edited:

algerr

Master Member
Joined
Dec 30, 2005
Messages
3,212
Reaction score
343
Good post. Thanks.

Do you need to put phone in download mode?
I tried but failed: off phone, hold vol up and plug in usb.
Did I do it correctly?

Edit: Got it. But did not flash.

Yes, you need to put phone in download mode when connected to pc and running LG Flash Tool 2014 as stated in 3. Tutorial:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2797190

=====
encountered 4G/LTE not working after flashing..managed to get it back by following - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g-pro-2/help/d838-getting-4g-lte-t3025868/page2:

1. Access hidden menu by dialing 3845#*838# on dialpad
2. Select "WCDMA-Only"
3. Select "Modem Settings"
4. Select "Network Mode"
5. Select "Automatic"

4G/LTE's working once again... =)
 

dakeda

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
665
Reaction score
12
Yes, you need to put phone in download mode when connected to pc and running LG Flash Tool 2014 as stated in 3. Tutorial:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2797190

=====
encountered 4G/LTE not working after flashing..managed to get it back by following - http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g-pro-2/help/d838-getting-4g-lte-t3025868/page2:

1. Access hidden menu by dialing 3845#*838# on dialpad
2. Select "WCDMA-Only"
3. Select "Modem Settings"
4. Select "Network Mode"
5. Select "Automatic"

4G/LTE's working once again... =)
Looks like everything is going great for you.
Will play with Sg lollipop version a few more days before deciding to hop over to TW 20d. Afraid of putting worms into my ass. Hahaha :s13:
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Frankly speaking. I have never experienced that WhatsApp LED blinking issue with my Lollipop in the past week.

Setting the Vibration to long instead of default or short vibration in Whatsapp may just cure the issue.

Sounds strange and rediculious...No harm giving it a try..It is just a few taps away.. ;)
 
Last edited:

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
After many circles of battery charging in the past week. I can see that the battery performance with Lorrypop is improving significantly.

Happy. :)
 

lgmw33

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 19, 2014
Messages
772
Reaction score
0
Frankly speaking. I have never experienced that WhatsApp LED blinking issue with my Lollipop in the past week.

Setting the Vibration to long instead of default or short vibration in Whatsapp may just cure the issue.

Sounds strange and rediculious...No harm giving it a try..It is just a few taps away.. ;)

May sound silly though but i will give it a try. Led at times still cannot behave. :(
 

Gaminator

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
8,629
Reaction score
693
Maybe I WOLS, but anybody else got their OTA Lollipop update on their G Pro 2? I was surprised when I was prompted by an update notice, indicated update size was about 627mb, figured it was a lollipop update so I went for it. Now styling with my G Pro 2 on OS5 Lollipop 5.0.1
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top