LG G Pro 2

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
There is no perfect phone, at least till now.

The word "perfect" - its true meaning is different from one
individual to another. Some would be referring to the screen
size while others would mean the performance of the camera
or even the size of Ram e.g. 3GB or 4GB.

So a general statement that "there is no perfect phone,
at least till now" could be true forever. Do you know why?

People keep improving things and their products. Way back
then a decade ago, this statement at that time remains true
till today even when our phone has become a tablet already.

What we are expecting will never come true. A perfect phone,
it is just a dream, just like trying to find a perfect person in
this world.
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
To me, pro2 is near perfect. Sd slot, battery can replace, acceptable resolution,camera reasonably good. Most impt big screen n light :) :)

The Pro series from LG is another flagship along side the G3, G4.
The Pro 2 has been designed as a phablet with its very useful
5.9" and has proven to be a very reliable device with smooth
performance all round.

Some people are still negative about using the phablet as a
phone and prefer a smaller size screen. However the 5" screen
seems to be not so popular while the 5.5" and the 5.7" are
favourites.

Making a guess here, as all manufacturers are more concerned
about profits which can only come from more devices being
sold, most likely LG may have sat on the round table to find
a new solution and not fall into the same arena of heavy losses.
Sony and Nokia are already victims.

The good news will come in another month or two where LG
will be able to find out the impact of their G4 worldwide.
We are sure LG won't disappoint Pro 2 customers. Most likely
it will have the same size screen or even bigger and more
than 3GB Ram. :)
 

shorty07

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2008
Messages
1,301
Reaction score
35
Seems like the software update has different experiences for different users. Some say no problem some got problem. I still dunno whether wanna update or not.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Seems like the software update has different experiences for different users. Some say no problem some got problem. I still dunno whether wanna update or not.

Update it follow by a factory reset. I did that right after upgrade.

That's the best bet.

I experience non of the issues being mentioned here. :)

My gf Pro 2 battery charging gone hairwire. After factory reset, all are good now! :)

Lollipop is definitely more delicious and melts faster (speedier) in your mouth than Kitkat.
 
Last edited:

smeagoly

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2005
Messages
2,360
Reaction score
152
For some reason, even though I didn't see any new firmware upgrades, the battery life after installing the lollipop for a few weeks has improved. It feels as good as it was before the lollipop upgrade, and can last me about the whole day in office on normal usage. Satisfied!
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
For some reason, even though I didn't see any new firmware upgrades, the battery life after installing the lollipop for a few weeks has improved. It feels as good as it was before the lollipop upgrade, and can last me about the whole day in office on normal usage. Satisfied!

Yes.

After 2/3 weeks of repeated charging, the battery performance does improves significantly. It drains slower and it charges faster comparing to the initial period.

I noticed the same. :) Me happy too!
 

cj9404

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2008
Messages
66
Reaction score
0
WHERE is menu touch button in lollipop?

Updated my g pro2 to Lollipop and it works great after a hardware reset. BUT can anybody tell me where the menu touch button is?

it is because google remove menu touch button in lollipop? but some apps I used still need touch button.

anybody encounter this problem?:s11::s11::s11:
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Updated my g pro2 to Lollipop and it works great after a hardware reset. BUT can anybody tell me where the menu touch button is?

it is because google remove menu touch button in lollipop? but some apps I used still need touch button.

anybody encounter this problem?:s11::s11::s11:

The Square box.

Now, Press + Hold it to activate Menu, not Press liked Kitkat.

Press now activates the recent apps in LorryPop.

Hehe....
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
How to do a hardware reset after upgrading to Lollipop?

Updated my g pro2 to Lollipop and it works great after a hardware reset. BUT can anybody tell me where the menu touch button is?

it is because google remove menu touch button in lollipop? but some apps I used still need touch button.

anybody encounter this problem?

After upgrading to Lollipop I didn't do any hardware reset.
How do I do it and will I loose all my pictures, Whatsapp,
and other data?

If I need to backup all the data, how do I do it?
 

GeSteSoh

Master Member
Joined
May 27, 2010
Messages
3,487
Reaction score
1,011
After upgrading to Lollipop I didn't do any hardware reset.
How do I do it and will I loose all my pictures, Whatsapp,
and other data?

If I need to backup all the data, how do I do it?


Drag and drop all media and data folders to SD storage or your PC.

If you stated yes to backup in the beginning with Google play store, it should restore your apps after a hard reset.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
Whatever is it, and how troublesome it is, a factory reset is really recommended for such major OS upgrade lah...

Just do it once, and you will get rid of almost all possible issues.

BTW, the battery performance has been awesome now after so many weeks...just likes Kitkat now.. :)
 
Last edited:

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
Backup to SD storage

Drag and drop all media and data folders to SD storage or your PC.

If you stated yes to backup in the beginning with Google play store, it should restore your apps after a hard reset.

Thank you brother GeSteSoh, when you "drag and drop all
media and data folders to SD storage", do you mean I have
to remove the external micro SD card on the phone and
then connect the phone to the computer?

Before I drag and drop, I have to connect the micro SD card
from the phone to a card reader and then connect it to the
computer, am I correct?

Am very new to all these, and maybe doing the wrong thing,
and then after hardware reset, all data gone. I am still
not sure whether the Whatsapp data can still be there after
the resetting. :s11:
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
For all files in SD card, they remain inside. Nothing to worry.

For all files in internal drive, just plug in to pc and go through all the files (photos and videos) in all directories and copy them to your pc. You can then copy them back to the same directories on phone internal drive after factory reset.

For Wharsapp backup, visit their website. There is a tutorial telling you how to backup and restore back later to your phone. :)
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top