LG G Pro 2

dakeda

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
665
Reaction score
12
For those who use vpn, do your vpn settings disappear after a reboot? Mine disappeared. Seeking confirmation.
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
For all files in SD card, they remain inside. Nothing to worry.

For all files in internal drive, just plug in to pc and go through all the files (photos and videos) in all directories and copy them to your pc. You can then copy them back to the same directories on phone internal drive after factory reset.

For Wharsapp backup, visit their website. There is a tutorial telling you how to backup and restore back later to your phone. :)

Many thanks for helping us who are newbies Kelvinti brother,
now it is easier to digest the procedures to do the factory
reset.

Am sure many others will find Lollipop useful and even the
battery now last longer after the upgrade!

Before that, we were all experiencing the battery go away
much faster and many even thought of not willing to do
the upgrade and that include myself too.

Aha, now it will take sometime for me to go through the
procedure of saving the Whatsapp data at their website
before I do the factory reset. In the meantime I am grateful
to all the helpful brothers here who are willing to spend time
to guide us to use LG devices efficiently. I won't go back to
the competitors because I strongly believe LG will be true
to their words that they will make life good and better for
everyone. :):s22::)
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
For those who use vpn, do your vpn settings disappear after a reboot? Mine disappeared. Seeking confirmation.

Wow, got to learn something new here.
What is "vpn" settings?
You asked about disappearance of this setting.
Care to enlightening me, the newbie?
 

stamina

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,658
Reaction score
19
I just upgraded to lollipop and then did a factory reset. I dnt quite like it as its a little laggier. The kitkat was much smoother.
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
I just upgraded to lollipop and then did a factory reset. I dnt quite like it as its a little laggier. The kitkat was much smoother.

Different people have different views. I don't like it at first
because it drains the battery faster. Then now after some
weeks playing with Lollipop, it seems fine and the battery
is even better.

On the laggy experience that you have, maybe stay a bit
longer and be patient enough to learn what Lollipop is
all about. I am sure the engineers are not wasting their
time to come out with the new upgrade which is worst than
the old Kitkat.

Currently only a couple of brothers here have the same
experience as yours. But since there are thousands of
Lollipop users around the world, you think they won't make
a big fuss to LG if Lollipop is crap! :s13:
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
Any alternative keyboard for Lollipop?

The news that SwiftKey keyboard could be causing a security
flaw especially to preloaded devices in Samsung's, I was
wondering if it is better to find alternative keyboard for
Lollipop.

Currently I am using SwiftKey keyboard on Pro 2 .
Is there any other better alternatives?
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
I think it could be due to the new animation effects on Lollipop UI that it may give one the impression that it isn't as "smooth" as Kitkat..

Think Again...:
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
I think it could be due to the new animation effects on Lollipop UI that it may give one the impression that it isn't as "smooth" as Kitkat..

Think Again...:

But it is always better to off the animation so that the phone
will run smoother, am I correct?

Secondary we can forced stop some applications that we don't
use regularly. This will also help in making the phone being
more smooth to your liking.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
The news that SwiftKey keyboard could be causing a security
flaw especially to preloaded devices in Samsung's, I was
wondering if it is better to find alternative keyboard for
Lollipop.

Currently I am using SwiftKey keyboard on Pro 2 .
Is there any other better alternatives?

I have been using Swiftkey too until Lollipop.

In Chrome browser, the Swiftkey seems to has a problem when typing.

Double tabs repeats my sentence. The cursor keeps jumping around that it is impossible to type! :(

I have switched back to use Google Keyboard for the time being until the bugs are fixed.
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
BTW,

Do you know that you can modify and create your own icons using any pictures right on your Pro 2?
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
BTW,

Do you know that you can modify and create your own icons using any pictures right on your Pro 2?

I don't know brother, kindly share with us how to do it.
It's great fun doing all these customization on Pro 2.

BTW, I have uninstalled the SwiftKey and would try out some
other alternatives including the Google keyboard like you
are using. :s22:
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
3 essential and must have Apps for Android. I have them all since I started using Android in 2010. :s22:

Battery Notifier Pro BT (Not free)
ABwgmre.png


Phone Notifier - Reborn (Repeated alerts for unread sms/mms and missed calls)
Rju0DeJ.png


Phono (Telcos logos and info)
uDH8YRO.png
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
I don't know brother, kindly share with us how to do it.
It's great fun doing all these customization on Pro 2.

BTW, I have uninstalled the SwiftKey and would try out some
other alternatives including the Google keyboard like you
are using. :s22:

Press and hold any icon.

A Purple Tick pops up. Press it and see the wonder! :s22:
 

stamina

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,658
Reaction score
19
Different people have different views. I don't like it at first
because it drains the battery faster. Then now after some
weeks playing with Lollipop, it seems fine and the battery
is even better.

On the laggy experience that you have, maybe stay a bit
longer and be patient enough to learn what Lollipop is
all about. I am sure the engineers are not wasting their
time to come out with the new upgrade which is worst than
the old Kitkat.

Currently only a couple of brothers here have the same
experience as yours. But since there are thousands of
Lollipop users around the world, you think they won't make
a big fuss to LG if Lollipop is crap! :s13:

True within this 2 days of upgrading, the battery drains faster. But how could it be that after you play for few weeks, It gets better? Whats the technology behind that?
 

kelvinti

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2009
Messages
23,271
Reaction score
2,435
True within this 2 days of upgrading, the battery drains faster. But how could it be that after you play for few weeks, It gets better? Whats the technology behind that?

It doesn't make much sense but may be the battery module part of the OS itself needs some time to collaborate correctly with the actual reading from the physical battery!

That probably explains why?
 

falcom2002

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2002
Messages
1,073
Reaction score
0
True within this 2 days of upgrading, the battery drains faster. But how could it be that after you play for few weeks, It gets better? Whats the technology behind that?


Check what is actually consuming the battery.
Go to settings, look for a Power option to find Battery
usage. You'll see battery consumption broken down into
the various apps and services running on your phone.

If a particular app is consuming a lot of power especially
older third-party apps that haven't been optimised for
newer OSs - kill it. Do the same for any other apps that
you seldom use.

If things don't improve following its uninstallation then
you can always reinstall it. Hope you realize that I also
have the same experience as you when I upgrade
to Lollipop. Kelvintin brother gave you a better technical
side explanation.

Be patient and once you learn the advantages of the
new upgrade, you will be happy that you are moving to
a higher level of learning about the new Lollipop UI. :s22::)
 

stamina

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
1,658
Reaction score
19
Check what is actually consuming the battery.
Go to settings, look for a Power option to find Battery
usage. You'll see battery consumption broken down into
the various apps and services running on your phone.

If a particular app is consuming a lot of power especially
older third-party apps that haven't been optimised for
newer OSs - kill it. Do the same for any other apps that
you seldom use.

If things don't improve following its uninstallation then
you can always reinstall it. Hope you realize that I also
have the same experience as you when I upgrade
to Lollipop. Kelvintin brother gave you a better technical
side explanation.

Be patient and once you learn the advantages of the
new upgrade, you will be happy that you are moving to
a higher level of learning about the new Lollipop UI. :s22::)

For your info, right after upgrade and factory reset, i did not install much stuff.
Battery usage is only showing the screen as taking much resources. Well, with my kitkat even with many apps, battery is much better than what Im facing now with lollipop.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top