LG G4

Chipero

Master Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
0
Did you set save photos to ext sdcard?i never face such issues at all asking to save ?? I had set it to save to ext sdcard
This phone has higher resolution display vs S5 n battery usage will be higher

When I 1st used the phone, no such thing happened. After doing the update, then that save photos to sd card keep popping up.

Hmm ... maybe loh. Why I used the S5 comparison because the G4 is a phone and the S5 is a phone. However, before I swapped to my G4, I was using the Note 4. The note 4 Lollipop battery life is a whopping 90H. My Note 4, I have 3 batteries. I can use my Note for 1 week on 3 batteries.

So if you say the G4 has a higher resolution display to the S5 ... then does the G4 has a higher resolution display to the Note 4 ?

Using the same picture on the G4 and the Note 4, the brightness level ( for me to comfortably see the picture ) on my G4 is 55% and the Note 4 is 30%. If I adjust the G4 to 30%, I can hardly see the picture at all.

Anyway, I am not being bias. If its good, its good. I have been using LG phones since LG G Pro 1st Gen. The G Pros have never let me down but the Gs ... *sigh*
 

Chipero

Master Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
0
Lets put it this way. If G4 is on kitkat it will probably last just as long as S5 battery. And if S5 you update to lollipop the battery performance will probably be similar to G4. Gotta compare apples to apples or oranges to oranges. With your theory you should buy last year's kit kat phone and not update firmware at all. Or better still get symbian phone can easily last you 1 week. If you really need or since you already have a lollipop phone then just have to work around the battery issue until google fixes it in the next update. Or root and load custom firmware that is optimized by xda developers.

But overall i do agree lollipop is a mistake. Apart from battery life even the sound settings is really annoying me. Haha.

The Note 4 on lollipop is a whopping 90H and I was using the Note 4 before swapping to the G4.

Not trying to put G4 down in a G4 thread but ...
 

Chipero

Master Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
0
so not recommended to get G4? and wait for G4 pro or note?

Nobody recommended me to get G4 when I was on Note 4. Its totally up to you but if LG were to sell the LG G Pro 3, I will most certainly buy it again.

I strongly feel that LG can make great phones but I cannot explain why the G3 and the G4 is ..... *no comments*
 

Chipero

Master Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
0
For those who PM-ed me to get my G4 free covers, I won't reply all PMs ^^

For my INGRAM G4 covers, most probably I will sell it for a reasonable price.
 
Last edited:

Amatrix8

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2015
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
Just changed mine to metallic silver. If interested PM me

where u buy the metallic silver ?
 

gws898

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2007
Messages
1,426
Reaction score
151




S5 last year's phone without lollipop still have better battery life than my G4. 29 hours difference on lollipop. I don't understand. *sigh*
I think my G4 lasts longer than last year's G3 and it doesn't heat up as much as the G3.
 

Iron-man

Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2008
Messages
360
Reaction score
0
Got the G4 and I'm pretty impressed so far. One thing though, is it just me or is the Knock Code feature a little buggy?
 

shager

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,174
Reaction score
695
No major problem with me. It works 99.9% of the time.

Agreed. It works best if it is in your hands when knock-knocking. Doing it while the phone is on the bed or on a table is less successful.
 

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
5,911
Reaction score
7
https://youtu.be/zbyhUkD29nM
lG believes thay G4 is good...and it is being attached to a drone and taking shots of LA...this is the 1080p video...the 4k version is not uploaded.

G4 owner, u are happy wih one of the best (if not the best) camera
 

Chipero

Master Member
Joined
Jul 13, 2000
Messages
2,980
Reaction score
0
I have the gold and blue metallic battery cover to give away too ^^

Give me sometime to take a picture of all my covers.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top