Lian Li Casing user gallery

IKillButterflies

Master Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2002
Messages
4,918
Reaction score
0
Do update me if it helps!!! Cosz certainly I'm willing to spend these kind of monies :p
Got the stock Lian Li 140mm LED fan at front intake replaced.

My friend was too kiam to pay for a premium fan :s13: So we ended up getting the $15 CM 140mm LED fan.

1100rpm according to HWMonitor, no significant increase in noise.

We AFKed out for a kopi and I checked again when we got back - Average idle temp dropped by a further ... 1deg :s8:

Wonder just how much more of a CPU temp drop if we'd gotten one of those $30+ fans :s8:

But in any case, seems any fan out there beats the stock Lian Li ones, twice on Sundays :s13:
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,282
Reaction score
31,138
Got the stock Lian Li 140mm LED fan at front intake replaced.

My friend was too kiam to pay for a premium fan :s13: So we ended up getting the $15 CM 140mm LED fan.

1100rpm according to HWMonitor, no significant increase in noise.

We AFKed out for a kopi and I checked again when we got back - Average idle temp dropped by a further ... 1deg :s8:

Wonder just how much more of a CPU temp drop if we'd gotten one of those $30+ fans :s8:

But in any case, seems any fan out there beats the stock Lian Li ones, twice on Sundays :s13:
haha thanks bro...

I might just settle on a 8FI instead.. since I put my rigs on the floor, so not much "admiring" of the insides are done anyway. And the 8FI uses 120mm fans, so got bigger variety to choose from.

Ps: My friend reminded me that having too many LEDs might make my room a disco at night :p
 

mqz512

Master Member
Joined
Nov 6, 2001
Messages
4,718
Reaction score
0
What model is this?

Ah Lian becoming white

DSCF4406.jpg


DSCF4411.jpg


DSCF4420.jpg
 

CrazyBlue

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
761
Reaction score
5
Haha ya I guess so.

I'll only know when I build my rig in late nov/early dec.

Right now I can conclude is that, the only noise I get from my current 3yr rig from the intel stock cooler and CM psu.....

So Milo, which did you get? I'm also torn between the K62 and the 7FNW (currently the PCTheme's price list shows the 7FN black with window = 169, same as K62). I thing that push me toward the 7FN is the removable mobo tray and, well. aluminium.

The K62 has the top 2 exhaust fans...and all my google results show people favour the K62 over the 7FNW??? Does it really have better cooling? Can't i just add 2 custom 120 fans at the top on the 7FNW (since you guys say the lian-li fan not as good), and be done with that?
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,282
Reaction score
31,138
So Milo, which did you get? I'm also torn between the K62 and the 7FNW (currently the PCTheme's price list shows the 7FN black with window = 169, same as K62). I thing that push me toward the 7FN is the removable mobo tray and, well. aluminium.

The K62 has the top 2 exhaust fans...and all my google results show people favour the K62 over the 7FNW??? Does it really have better cooling? Can't i just add 2 custom 120 fans at the top on the 7FNW (since you guys say the lian-li fan not as good), and be done with that?
I haven't gotten my rig. Decided to wait for Sandy Bridge and was waiting for the AMD 6900 series (which turns out a little disappointing)

I'm actually going for the K62. If I happen to have extra cash, I MIGHT (still thinking long and hard) decide to go for the Lian Li PC-X900.. but that's like $599 !! Considering it because it's alum... windowed and all 120mm fans... Airflow should be fine with 5 fans
 

Mann

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,036
Reaction score
0
So Milo, which did you get? I'm also torn between the K62 and the 7FNW (currently the PCTheme's price list shows the 7FN black with window = 169, same as K62). I thing that push me toward the 7FN is the removable mobo tray and, well. aluminium.

The K62 has the top 2 exhaust fans...and all my google results show people favour the K62 over the 7FNW??? Does it really have better cooling? Can't i just add 2 custom 120 fans at the top on the 7FNW (since you guys say the lian-li fan not as good), and be done with that?

7FN has removable mobo tray meh. :eek:i don't think so.but confirm it's aluminium.:)
 

heallan

Member
Joined
May 16, 2006
Messages
115
Reaction score
0
yo, any recommendation for ah lian casing. budget $500. perferably full tower. good air cooling, 5hdd, clean design, black interior. Arigato :yawn:
 

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
moi feel like getting one armorsuit or v2120.
but dun plan to build new rig so soon yet.
maybe...new better chassis out nxt yr.
 

Nakedtoes

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 9, 2002
Messages
60,200
Reaction score
3,608
Guys what are the best value for $$$ lianli case those below$200.. Lost touch liaoz... My pc07a still going strong
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,282
Reaction score
31,138
When I get my K62... what parts can I buy to install an additional 120mm intake front fan in the 5.25" slots?
I saw a few on the lian li website but I'm not sure if the fan will still be hiding behind the K62 front bezel or will it be exposed like the DVD drive?
 

t258jgn

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2008
Messages
45,265
Reaction score
740
When I get my K62... what parts can I buy to install an additional 120mm intake front fan in the 5.25" slots?
I saw a few on the lian li website but I'm not sure if the fan will still be hiding behind the K62 front bezel or will it be exposed like the DVD drive?


Get this BZ-502B

images
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,282
Reaction score
31,138
hmm any SRP for K63??

Although I kinda find the look abit ugly.... especially that eye catching bulging "forehead"
 

Milo-Dino

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 15, 2009
Messages
72,282
Reaction score
31,138
hmm any SRP for K63??

Although I kinda find the look abit ugly.... especially that eye catching bulging "forehead"
actually looking at the side profile.. the bulge doesn't seem to big.... just that the first photo looks deceiving

any expected arrival date?
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top