Looking for hardware advice!

lyradmaig

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2016
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi

I am looking to upgrade my motherboard and processor with a budget of $400 to $600 SGD. Hope someone can advice on what to get and whether i need to upgrade my ram. I usually play Overwatch, Csgo, Dota2 and battlefield. Thanks!

Sometimes I help having weird crashes while playing overwatch at 1080p 144hz with low settings. I reckon might be the cpu or motherboard problem?

Do I really need to change my setup?

Current PC Specs:
Motherboard and CPU : Asus P8Z77-M + i7-3770k @3.50GHz
Ram: kingston 8GB DDR3L-CL9 2 x 4GB
GPU: Zotac Gtx 970
PSU: Superflower leadex silver 650W
SSD: Intel 120GB
HDD: Hitachi 1TB
Monitor: Benq XL2411 144hz
 
Last edited:
Joined
Oct 26, 2011
Messages
48,310
Reaction score
7,450
Hi

I am looking to upgrade my motherboard and processor with a budget of $400 to $600 SGD. Hope someone can advice on what to get and whether i need to upgrade my ram. I usually play Overwatch, Csgo, Dota2 and battlefield. Thanks!

Current PC Specs:
Motherboard and CPU : Asus P8Z77-M + i7-3770k @3.50GHz
Ram: kingston 8GB DDR3L-CL9 2 x 4GB
GPU: Zotac Gtx 970
PSU: Superflower leadex silver 650W
SSD: Intel 120GB
HDD: Hitachi 1TB

:s22:
your rig still jin satki.
 

happy8nding

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 12, 2007
Messages
580
Reaction score
174
Hi

I am looking to upgrade my motherboard and processor with a budget of $400 to $600 SGD. Hope someone can advice on what to get and whether i need to upgrade my ram. I usually play Overwatch, Csgo, Dota2 and battlefield. Thanks!

Current PC Specs:
Motherboard and CPU : Asus P8Z77-M + i7-3770k @3.50GHz
Ram: kingston 8GB DDR3L-CL9 2 x 4GB
GPU: Zotac Gtx 970
PSU: Superflower leadex silver 650W
SSD: Intel 120GB
HDD: Hitachi 1TB

change ur hsf to a water cooler loop one at 100 plus then overclock it to 4.5 minimum.

then upgrade your monitor to gsync 144hz one buy need to up your budget abit.

2nd Option is to sell your gtx970 then upgrade to rx 480 then get a freesync monitor. Freesync monitor will cost u ard 400, while the cheapest g sync will cost u ard 800
 

lyradmaig

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2016
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
change ur hsf to a water cooler loop one at 100 plus then overclock it to 4.5 minimum.

then upgrade your monitor to gsync 144hz one buy need to up your budget abit.


2nd Option is to sell your gtx970 then upgrade to rx 480 then get a freesync monitor. Freesync monitor will cost u ard 400, while the cheapest g sync will cost u ard 800

Bro! I just changed my gpu 4 months back!
 

lyradmaig

Junior Member
Joined
Aug 4, 2016
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
change ur hsf to a water cooler loop one at 100 plus then overclock it to 4.5 minimum.

then upgrade your monitor to gsync 144hz one buy need to up your budget abit.

2nd Option is to sell your gtx970 then upgrade to rx 480 then get a freesync monitor. Freesync monitor will cost u ard 400, while the cheapest g sync will cost u ard 800

Bro you need to elaborate. Im new to the water cooling. Do you have any brands in mind and how does this work?
 

ragnarok95

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
125,322
Reaction score
6,583
change ur hsf to a water cooler loop one at 100 plus then overclock it to 4.5 minimum.

then upgrade your monitor to gsync 144hz one buy need to up your budget abit.

2nd Option is to sell your gtx970 then upgrade to rx 480 then get a freesync monitor. Freesync monitor will cost u ard 400, while the cheapest g sync will cost u ard 800

This doesn't solve his problem. He is having weird crashes. Upgrading to a 144hz monitor won't help.
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
For your issues, did u see any driver issues when u crashed? Maybe u can check your system log as well.
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Its says overwatch has crashed yourgraphic driver. So could be the driver problem

Maybe u can consider using DDU from guru3D to remove the previous driver in your system and maybe choose either a latest driver or previously stable driver when u last used and install to your system.
 

longsiew

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2005
Messages
7,500
Reaction score
0
Hi

I am looking to upgrade my motherboard and processor with a budget of $400 to $600 SGD. Hope someone can advice on what to get and whether i need to upgrade my ram. I usually play Overwatch, Csgo, Dota2 and battlefield. Thanks!

Sometimes I help having weird crashes while playing overwatch at 1080p 144hz with low settings. I reckon might be the cpu or motherboard problem?

Do I really need to change my setup?

Current PC Specs:
Motherboard and CPU : Asus P8Z77-M + i7-3770k @3.50GHz
Ram: kingston 8GB DDR3L-CL9 2 x 4GB
GPU: Zotac Gtx 970
PSU: Superflower leadex silver 650W
SSD: Intel 120GB
HDD: Hitachi 1TB
Monitor: Benq XL2411 144hz

Overwatch by Blizzard? Perhaps main culprit is their server.....

Perhaps u should go battle.net to check on Overwatch Sub forum see if weird crash happen to other player as well......
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top