Looking for HP laser printer cartridge

tahoo

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2002
Messages
184
Reaction score
6
Looking for HP laser printer cartridge for home users.

Model 48A

Question:
1) Is it ok to buy compatible cartridge? Will it spoilt the printer and the printout quality?

2) Any recommended place / seller to buy from?
 
Last edited:

irbadboyz

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2019
Messages
216
Reaction score
11
I think you can go to challenger, find someone to assist you. They have the HP cartridges you mention and the person will make sure it is compatible with your printer in particular.
 

tahoo

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2002
Messages
184
Reaction score
6
I think you can go to challenger, find someone to assist you. They have the HP cartridges you mention and the person will make sure it is compatible with your printer in particular.

I know that I need to a HP 48a toner, but I am wondering if it is safe for me use compatible toner instead of the original toner.

Will it spoilt the printer? and any recommended seller for compatible toner.

PM me if needed.
 

tahoo

Member
Joined
Mar 13, 2002
Messages
184
Reaction score
6
I know that I need to a HP 48a toner, but I am wondering if it is safe for me use compatible toner instead of the original toner.

Will it spoilt the printer? and any recommended seller for compatible toner.

PM me if needed.

No one use compatible toner ?
 

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2008
Messages
5,481
Reaction score
39
If you print alot, might as well go for china branded cheap toner/ink.
Original always cost more. Way more.
 

irbadboyz

Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2019
Messages
216
Reaction score
11
I know that I need to a HP 48a toner, but I am wondering if it is safe for me use compatible toner instead of the original toner.

Will it spoilt the printer? and any recommended seller for compatible toner.

PM me if needed.

Ah I see. Toners are different than Inkjets, toners do not really do any damage to the printer itself. Using compatible or generic inkjet cartridges for example can cause damage to the printer when bad quality ink dries up and jams up the tube feed etc.

Worst case, the compatible toner might be made from cheap plastic which breaks inside your printer since the mechanism might require a plastic with the right hardness and flexibility.

That aside, if you look at Amazon, Amazon itself sells a lot of these compatible or generic toners. We don't think they would do so if these are something that would cause damages to printers.
 

manics

Master Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
3,405
Reaction score
126
if your printer is old / old model, go ahead and use compatible toners. Also, if you print a lot, then compatible toners are better/economical.

Else just go for original toners.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top