Looking for Netbook or equivalent

Death4ngel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
10,920
Reaction score
0
Hi, does anyone know if any place still sells a netbook, or a small laptop that's like 8.9 inch.

I don't want one that comes with an OS. I'll be running it on Linux.

I don't need to play games on it.
I mainly use it to do school work, and to do programming.

I like it small because I like to code while travelling.

Don't really have a specific budget yet, I'm open to suggestions.

I'm currently using an Acer Aspire ZG5.

Thanks.
 

yusoffb01

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
16,841
Reaction score
1,782
fair price extra sell 449 Acer laptop that's 11inch and light.
 

Death4ngel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
10,920
Reaction score
0
Gonna need to look at new laptops.

Asus 1015E is out of production alr. Unless I Amazon one back. :s13:
 

vcrpex

Member
Joined
Oct 6, 2008
Messages
216
Reaction score
0
good choice to run linux on netbook. I am running debian wheezy on 1015px. works great, been a few yrs already, just for work, surfing and still can watch video if i really want to.
 

Death4ngel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
10,920
Reaction score
0
good choice to run linux on netbook. I am running debian wheezy on 1015px. works great, been a few yrs already, just for work, surfing and still can watch video if i really want to.

I don't think any of the 1015s are still in production anymore :s13:

performance and batt life cant go wrong with t100

if u are netbook user will feel at home

Performance and batt life is actually my least concerns.
Batt life can be zhng-ed.

I nearly went with the t100, but realises it has its problems.

No VGA port, No RJ45 port.
Sure, I can bring converters, but what if I forget to bring. And bringing them is quite troublesome too.

Cannot run Linux.
 

tkdboi

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
4,072
Reaction score
316
I don't think any of the 1015s are still in production anymore :s13:



Performance and batt life is actually my least concerns.
Batt life can be zhng-ed.

I nearly went with the t100, but realises it has its problems.

No VGA port, No RJ45 port.
Sure, I can bring converters, but what if I forget to bring. And bringing them is quite troublesome too.

Cannot run Linux.

How abt Samsung? I have a series 3 running amd processor with a ssd. Not using it much to be honest lol rather it get some actual use.

Comes with extended batt and unused original batt.

It has hdmi out and built in Ethernet port too

If you keen I can share more details.
 

killerslayer92

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2007
Messages
1,061
Reaction score
0
I don't think any of the 1015s are still in production anymore :s13:



Performance and batt life is actually my least concerns.
Batt life can be zhng-ed.

I nearly went with the t100, but realises it has its problems.

No VGA port, No RJ45 port.
Sure, I can bring converters, but what if I forget to bring. And bringing them is quite troublesome too.

Cannot run Linux.

vga adapter $7 ebay
usb3.0 hub+rj45 $25
 

goshmaster

Junior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2007
Messages
10
Reaction score
0
Hi there,

I have Lenovo 10.2 net book hardly used since I am using MacBook Air.

It has VGA and rj45 input. Battery life is around 2.5 hours. It can run Linux too.

I can sell it to you if you are interested. PM me.

Gosh master
 

Death4ngel

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 13, 2008
Messages
10,920
Reaction score
0
Are the only 10.1" out there now tablet-laptop hybrids, like the Asus T100 or Acer Switch 10? Are there no proper 10.1" laptops?

Anybody using the Acer E 11 series? How is it?
 

ykgoh

Master Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
2,782
Reaction score
0
How about this? ASUS X200CA.

444192574.jpg

$398

  • 11.6" screen (1366x768).
  • 1.24kg.
  • Intel Celeron 1007U Processor
  • Windows 8
  • 4GB RAM
  • 500GB HDD

See: Qoo10 - [SUPER OFFER] ASUS X200CA 11.6inch Intel Celeron 1007U Laptop/NOTEBOOK... : Computer / Lapto...

Hard to find laptop/netbook lower than 11.6" screen. They're mostly tablets if smaller.

Note: PacTech used to get some complaints from some customers who reported it loading unlicensed time-limited trial version of Windows on their laptops, presumably to cut cost. But since you're using Linux, not a risk for you.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top