Lost iphone 14Pro - what can be done?

Charlie_Zhan

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 17, 2013
Messages
6,640
Reaction score
618
such lost phones are usually turned off immediately, sent overseas, then dismantled and the parts are sold off.

although nowadays many of these iphone parts are also paired to the original iphone, it is much easier to unpair and pair them to a different iphone than to unlock/reset the phone/icloud.
 

stillgottheblues

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2011
Messages
31,384
Reaction score
3,526
If the person switch off the phone, it means he/she did not have the intention of returning you.

It's as good as gone.
 

cloudystar

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
1,159
Reaction score
656
I think it's just really unlucky.. I still believe that most people will return a lost phone because

1) Morally the right thing to do and people will be thankful.
2) Its just too much hassle trying to break into phone..
 

caesium2108

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2011
Messages
704
Reaction score
147
I think main concern is personal data. All the banking apps & stuffs. But those should be secure i guess as most of them need face id like apple pay etc.
i believe it’s good as gone but just don’t know why they would wan a brick instead of returning it. Maybe a part or me hopes it will come back after the person realises it’s not worth much money with it being cloud id locked.
I guess i am wrong
 

caesium2108

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 31, 2011
Messages
704
Reaction score
147
I remember reading an article somewhere that Find My will at least show the last known location when it last had internet connection.

So just wondering why after 5 mins of the phone being lost, it was already reflecting the phone as No Location Found. This is the weird part i feel and so my wife is concerned on leak personal data.
 

cloudystar

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 23, 2010
Messages
1,159
Reaction score
656
I don’t think there’s anyway they can access your phone and personal data. Maybe a professional hacker can but the required effort might not be worth the time. I rmb a case where FBI desperately asked Apple to crack a criminal’s phone but Apple refused.

They only option for the thief is the dismantle and sell the parts (not sure how much that’s worth) or find someway to factory reset the phone and use it.. :rolleyes:
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
I think it's just really unlucky.. I still believe that most people will return a lost phone because

1) Morally the right thing to do and people will be thankful.
2) Its just too much hassle trying to break into phone..
tbh not sure about the morality of people. really hard to say
I think main concern is personal data. All the banking apps & stuffs. But those should be secure i guess as most of them need face id like apple pay etc.
i believe it’s good as gone but just don’t know why they would wan a brick instead of returning it. Maybe a part or me hopes it will come back after the person realises it’s not worth much money with it being cloud id locked.
I guess i am wrong
not so easy to break encryption, if it is set well. if not FBI would have to ask Apple to go create backdoor which apple refused.
I remember reading an article somewhere that Find My will at least show the last known location when it last had internet connection.

So just wondering why after 5 mins of the phone being lost, it was already reflecting the phone as No Location Found. This is the weird part i feel and so my wife is concerned on leak personal data.
either there is no data connectivity or the setting wasn't done properly
 

froztheart

Supremacy Member
Joined
Aug 8, 2012
Messages
9,562
Reaction score
4,170
DIsable control centre unless phone gets unlocked so your phone is traceable for a bit longer.
There's an option in Settings, that's the best to prolong traceability, but main point is to avoid such situations in the first place if possible.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top