Lost my windows 8 product key

nexusRAGER

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2013
Messages
39,884
Reaction score
116
if yours is a company made com like acer it is sticked on the side of the case
 

eliteFX

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 25, 2006
Messages
70,067
Reaction score
0
I tot for win8 there is no license key, the license is tied to the Mac Address ?

Because I rmb I reformat both my Samsung and Dell laptop with generic win 8 auto detect
 

youhsueh

Senior Member
Joined
Mar 23, 2012
Messages
932
Reaction score
0
I tot for win8 there is no license key, the license is tied to the Mac Address ?

Because I rmb I reformat both my Samsung and Dell laptop with generic win 8 auto detect

Nope. There is a hidden (recovery) partition which holds the key when you do a reformat. Thus it'll automatically activate Windows after restoring to factory settings.

Can use Magic Jellybeans to locate keys:

https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/
 

Ng Wei Khang

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2014
Messages
18
Reaction score
0
Lost my windows 8 product key Reply to Thread

Yes you can use various tools inorder to the Product key.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top