Lousy Samsung Service centre

wingates147

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2007
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
9 May 2013, I went to Samsung Customer service centre at PS to repair faulty power button. Yesterday I when I went to collect, realised got crack at bottom of the screen.:mad::mad::mad:
Spoke to the manager Mr Alvin Ang and Mr Edmund Chin, they simply just brush off saying they are not liable for any damages caused in the midst of transportation bla bla bla, and i have signed the agreement.

Angry leh. I know accidents may occur la. but ask customer to sign the disclaimer then use it as a point whenever there's a damaged phone in return dont serve the purpose of why i sent it for servicing the first place.

lidat means if I sign the acknowledgement, I relief Samsung off the responsibilities and permit the phone to be manhandled meh?

I ask about the form that they filled in, stating if they received my goods with any defects or not. the form was blank. (cuz no obvious scratches of course). then they try to say that cannot use form as proof.

Angry. tried to demand an explaination, then still say they cannot verify at the moment. argue the end then they told me that give them 2 days. they will view thru cctv and see if the staff got mishandle or not. (I got a bad feeling about this).

meanwhile, I emailed Samsung support and filed online complaint with CASE.

I'm very angry with the fact they tried to brush everything away saying it's not their fault when it clearly is.
 
Last edited:

derrickgoh

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
39,097
Reaction score
13
No one gives a rat's arse if staff mishandled or not. Point is simple. Phone was handed over to them without a cracked screen, so it should be handed back without a cracked screen. Even a smurf with half a brain would know that.
 

stemcell

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2012
Messages
6,099
Reaction score
0
They will probably replace a new screen for u plus some spitting pui pui pui
 

fabianlau

High Supremacy Member
Joined
May 2, 2008
Messages
35,229
Reaction score
101
If me I bang table till siao..really lousy service if true
 

jq75

Honorary Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2000
Messages
143,050
Reaction score
5,007
when it gets popular, service ctr cannot cope.
just like nokia back then
 

gt_5454

Master Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
3,715
Reaction score
5
Ya my friend was at PS to service his phone recently and he tokd me it was very crowded ... samsung is becoming too popular for their own good so they have to be fast to respond to it ..else their customer disservice will hurt their reputation
 

xMagnusx

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2004
Messages
567
Reaction score
1
I too had a very bad experience with Samsung Service Centre at PS, I actually made 2 trips just to get my phone serviced. The manager I meet on the initial trip is just nonsense. He like to use "terms and conditions/ disclaimer/ clause/ company policy" to reject my case like it is not their fault at all.

Luckily, the 2nd time, I went down, it was a different manager who is kind enough to review my case and even put me in an express queue so that I can collect my phone at the same day.
 

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
11,314
Reaction score
42
Luckily, the 2nd time, I went down, it was a different manager who is kind enough to review my case and even put me in an express queue so that I can collect my phone at the same day.

Yup. I came from a service background and all I can say, it's all depending on the service personnel. The brand may have set a certain guideline and service standards, but it's the staff to uphold and execute them. Some people are just plain ****** up, but some will truly help.

My Note 2 was bought during launch and it has that infamous LTE-3G-H+-LTE endless change and data drop problem which was caused by software updates.

Met the floor manager, he was good and willing to co-operate. It wasn't fixed for the first time and and he knows I wasn't happy, he gave me his phone number to feedback to him as I monitor the data situation. I kept him updated that it wasn't fixed, and he told me that I don't need to queue. Just tell him what time I'll come and he'll arrange the rest etc.

Yes, products will have problems here and there, but good service goes a long way.
 

wingates147

Junior Member
Joined
Jul 2, 2007
Messages
55
Reaction score
0
well. problem is solved.

tues morning i talked to the live chat on Samsung's site and told the staff that i have sent an email regarding the bad service. he asked for some details and he told me the management is 100% aware of the issue and is looking into the matter. on the same day at 3pm, the manager Alvin contacted me, saying that he will change my LCD for me at no charge. same day, 6pm he contacted me saying that phone is ready for collection (FAST!!!)

so i headed down just now to collect from him. made a check for dead pixels, none. checked for sound, it wasn't working. he went to ask his tech staff to fix the problem. less than half an hour, the sound is fixed. (SUPER FAST!!) all things are working as far as i checked.

Alvin's attitude is alot nicer towards me today. but what i buay tahan was that, Monday night, when i was talking to Alvin, the Edmund came out to the counter and slammed the drawer. I reminded Alvin of the incident today and told him to control his men. he then apologised on behalf and things were cool.
 

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
11,314
Reaction score
42
well. problem is solved.

tues morning i talked to the live chat on Samsung's site and told the staff that i have sent an email regarding the bad service. he asked for some details and he told me the management is 100% aware of the issue and is looking into the matter. on the same day at 3pm, the manager Alvin contacted me, saying that he will change my LCD for me at no charge. same day, 6pm he contacted me saying that phone is ready for collection (FAST!!!)

so i headed down just now to collect from him. made a check for dead pixels, none. checked for sound, it wasn't working. he went to ask his tech staff to fix the problem. less than half an hour, the sound is fixed. (SUPER FAST!!) all things are working as far as i checked.

Alvin's attitude is alot nicer towards me today. but what i buay tahan was that, Monday night, when i was talking to Alvin, the Edmund came out to the counter and slammed the drawer. I reminded Alvin of the incident today and told him to control his men. he then apologised on behalf and things were cool.

Maybe it's because of your complaint and their management called up the service centre to **** them. The service centre is not Samsung's, they are like contractors. Contractors and subsidiaries are very different - contractors may just bo chup the brand image and rather just care about their own interests and their operational costs.
 

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
8,626
Reaction score
230
Maybe it's because of your complaint and their management called up the service centre to **** them. The service centre is not Samsung's, they are like contractors. Contractors and subsidiaries are very different - contractors may just bo chup the brand image and rather just care about their own interests and their operational costs.
Regardless, what we consumers see is just 1 company which is Samsung. Doesn't matter if service centre is subcontracted out etc, Samsung as a whole owes us decent customer service level.
 

spilksch

Banned
Joined
Sep 16, 2006
Messages
1,331
Reaction score
0
Regardless, what we consumers see is just 1 company which is Samsung. Doesn't matter if service centre is subcontracted out etc, Samsung as a whole owes us decent customer service level.

QFT. double liked.
 

avsquare

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 27, 2011
Messages
11,314
Reaction score
42
Regardless, what we consumers see is just 1 company which is Samsung. Doesn't matter if service centre is subcontracted out etc, Samsung as a whole owes us decent customer service level.

Which is what companies like Samsung would understand too. But once you subcontract it out, it may be difficult to reign the gap in understanding back.

My job have been dealing with contractor issues, it's a hell of a headache. Of course, it's ultimately Samsung's problem to control their contractors.
 

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
8,626
Reaction score
230
Which is what companies like Samsung would understand too. But once you subcontract it out, it may be difficult to reign the gap in understanding back.

My job have been dealing with contractor issues, it's a hell of a headache. Of course, it's ultimately Samsung's problem to control their contractors.

Agree the operational in difficulties in dealing with subcontractors. But this just shows how serious enough Samsung is about providing solid after sales support.
 

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2004
Messages
8,626
Reaction score
230
In the worst case scenario take back all service centers. Probably translate to a higher operating cost but then again they stop or reduce the market reduction or loss due to after sales issues.
 

shadow84

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2009
Messages
34,288
Reaction score
420
try the marina square service centre.. heard that it is more friendly than PS branch by a mile..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top