Low Cost Plan to keep Old Mobile Number

everyoneall

Junior Member
Joined
Dec 21, 2015
Messages
71
Reaction score
0
Hi,

I've a M1 Postpaid Mobile Number, used for 20+ years.

I would like to port it to any telco's cheapest plan, preferably with > 30 outgoing SMS (assume incoming SMS is free), just to retain the number for old contacts.

Appreciate if anyone can share of such cheap plans I can port to.

Thanks.
 

tuntun

Senior Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
925
Reaction score
55
Hi,

I've a M1 Postpaid Mobile Number, used for 20+ years.

I would like to port it to any telco's cheapest plan, preferably with > 30 outgoing SMS (assume incoming SMS is free), just to retain the number for old contacts.

Appreciate if anyone can share of such cheap plans I can port to.

Thanks.

you can port in to CL/MR which is using same network as M1. at least $18 or $17. If still want cheaper, go for Giga which is about $10/month with 100sms
 

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
66,745
Reaction score
6,189
Hi,

I've a M1 Postpaid Mobile Number, used for 20+ years.

I would like to port it to any telco's cheapest plan, preferably with > 30 outgoing SMS (assume incoming SMS is free), just to retain the number for old contacts.

Appreciate if anyone can share of such cheap plans I can port to.

Thanks.
Landing-Page_6-01.jpg

Vivifi Plus $9.98 plan, uses Singtel network
 

hfngshnll

Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2019
Messages
316
Reaction score
104
Almost jump to subscribe Circles.Life, until I see this charge:
"an $38 SIM registration fee is required"

ok, Circles.Life is out...


https://www.vivifi.me/vivifi_lite/

you can also take a look at vivifi lite ( using singtel network ). $8.80 for 500 mins, 20 sms, 3GB, free caller id, no contract, no upfront charges.

self collect at designated locations like mrt stations etc.

i use mainly voice and sms. so far so good for 3 months.
 

Slowdown

Master Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2003
Messages
3,616
Reaction score
886
CMLink Singapore:

https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=131780190

Current promo is $8 for 5gb. But note that the actual bill will include bank few which is approximately 1%. Reason is because billing is handled out of HK. Just give credit card and amount will be deducted monthly. When promo over, just move to the next best offer (any telco).

I signed in Dec 2020. Same intention. Retain old number which is used for banking OTP. Have another line from company that I used for daily driver.
 

corian99

Junior Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2018
Messages
55
Reaction score
13
If you keep the plan for one year, you would havr recouped the registration fee compared to paying $8+ for other telcos

Almost jump to subscribe Circles.Life, until I see this charge:
"an $38 SIM registration fee is required"

ok, Circles.Life is out...
 

guyz92

Senior Member
Joined
Feb 4, 2009
Messages
1,684
Reaction score
309
Hi,

I've a M1 Postpaid Mobile Number, used for 20+ years.

I would like to port it to any telco's cheapest plan, preferably with > 30 outgoing SMS (assume incoming SMS is free), just to retain the number for old contacts.

Appreciate if anyone can share of such cheap plans I can port to.

Thanks.

How long you planning to keep your old number??

If you are keeping for more than 1 year, $5 circle life plan with $38 registration fees can be spread out to lower the total cost.

Doing simple math:
$5 x 12 months = $60

$60 + $38 registration fees = $98.

If you keep the number for 12 months:
$98 Ă· 12 = $8.17

If you must have more than 30 outing SMS, the $10 plans from TPG, giga and MyRepublic should be able to fulfill your needs.
 

XiaoFu99

Master Member
Joined
May 18, 2016
Messages
3,520
Reaction score
388
Yes have. Just tried.
Last I checked with them, nope.

Did you sign up a new line with new number or port in ?

Or did you convert from that "free plan" with monthly 1GB?

Thanks.

Sent from Samsung SM-G965F using GAGT
 

caesium5

Member
Joined
May 10, 2007
Messages
365
Reaction score
121
Can receive SMS (mostly for OTP) when overseas

I am looking for a similar deal but must be able to receive SMS (mostly for banking OTP) when overseas.

CL $5 plan and TPG $10 plan users will not be able to receive any SMS (including OTP) when overseas.

Any recommendations please.
 

hfngshnll

Member
Joined
Jun 5, 2019
Messages
316
Reaction score
104
I am looking for a similar deal but must be able to receive SMS (mostly for banking OTP) when overseas.

CL $5 plan and TPG $10 plan users will not be able to receive any SMS (including OTP) when overseas.

Any recommendations please.

you can also take a look at vivifi lite ( using singtel network ). $8.80 for 500 mins, 20 sms, 3GB, free caller id, no contract, no upfront charges.

self collect at designated locations like mrt stations etc.

my porting history :
1. singtel combo2, $27.
2. singtel sim only, $20, 12 mths contract, 1000 min, 500 sms, 20GB, free callerid.
3. vivifi lite (singtel), $8.80, no contract, 500 min, 20 sms, 3GB, free callerid.

i use mainly voice and sms. so far so good.

global roaming is free and default turn on. you get charged when you use it, just like singtel pay as you roam.

i asked about how to receive otp sms when overseas, and here is vivifi's email reply :
You have global roaming turned on already. This is the option to get a mobile signal when you are travelling.

You can turn on your mobile and connect to a telco. Once you get a mobile signal, you will be able to receive sms.

but i cannot comment on actual usage of this until i can start travelling again, probably at least another year or more. cheers.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top