Low volume "yeee" sound from HDD

u0206397

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 15, 2009
Messages
764
Reaction score
0
Recently, my HDD seems to produce an intermittent "yeeee" sound lasting between 1 to 5 seconds randomly, but not very loud. If I don't listen out for it, I might miss it.

But it is unlike the typical scratching, screeching or clicks of death that indicates a dying HDD.

However, I don't remember it making such noise before. Is this a sign of failing HDD or just normal?
 

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 21, 2011
Messages
16,703
Reaction score
26
Seems like your HDD could be pushing itself more harder. Iirc such model is from Toshiba. Seagate and WD I dun heard such sound/noise.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top