Luk Kreung S'porean

Nathson

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
809
Reaction score
0
Hi guys. Wanna find out if there's any half Thai / half S'porean here.
 
Last edited:

sigeena

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 30, 2010
Messages
832
Reaction score
54
Do you speak Thai? Can you read and write? Singapore isn't a very conducive environment for you to retain your thai side, is it?
 

hesperus

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
854
Reaction score
2
I follow my dad's race which is Chinese... During my time there's no such thing as double barrelled race... Anyway dun think I wanna change anyway..

Yes, I speak Thai with my mum... Which is a big advantage when I go Bangkok cos I have not encountered any tourist scams which I read on the Internet and I enjoy all the Thai prices to the attractions/shopping there..
I can read and write but it's very slow as I seldom read or write here in SG..
 

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
5,832
Reaction score
1
I follow my dad's race which is Chinese... During my time there's no such thing as double barrelled race... Anyway dun think I wanna change anyway..

Yes, I speak Thai with my mum... Which is a big advantage when I go Bangkok cos I have not encountered any tourist scams which I read on the Internet and I enjoy all the Thai prices to the attractions/shopping there..
I can read and write but it's very slow as I seldom read or write here in SG..

no such thing as double barrelled race. Once the child hit 21yr old, he/she will decide one race from the parent. But below 21yr, he/she can hold two nationalities.

yeah u gotta be able to speak thai language as your mom is thai... of cos it is an asset if u can speak thai especially when you travel in thailand:D:D:D
 

Nathson

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
809
Reaction score
0
no such thing as double barrelled race. Once the child hit 21yr old, he/she will decide one race from the parent. But below 21yr, he/she can hold two nationalities.

yeah u gotta be able to speak thai language as your mom is thai... of cos it is an asset if u can speak thai especially when you travel in thailand:D:D:D

http://www.ica.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=12443

Eligibility

With effect from 1 January 2011, Singapore citizens born to parents of different races may request for a change from singular to a double-barrelled race if they have not changed their race previously. Singapore citizens who changed their race once before 21 years of age, and are 21 years of age or above, will also be eligible.
 

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
5,832
Reaction score
1
http://www.ica.gov.sg/news_details.aspx?nid=12443

Eligibility

With effect from 1 January 2011, Singapore citizens born to parents of different races may request for a change from singular to a double-barrelled race if they have not changed their race previously. Singapore citizens who changed their race once before 21 years of age, and are 21 years of age or above, will also be eligible.

u mean u r allowed to hold 2 nationalities now?
 

Nathson

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
809
Reaction score
0
I follow my dad's race which is Chinese... During my time there's no such thing as double barrelled race... Anyway dun think I wanna change anyway..

Yes, I speak Thai with my mum... Which is a big advantage when I go Bangkok cos I have not encountered any tourist scams which I read on the Internet and I enjoy all the Thai prices to the attractions/shopping there..
I can read and write but it's very slow as I seldom read or write here in SG..

If you were born in SG, did you register for a Thai Birth Certificate?
 

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
5,832
Reaction score
1
Maybe i got confused here..

u r talking about the race, not the nationality right?
 

Nathson

Senior Member
Joined
Jul 25, 2012
Messages
809
Reaction score
0
yes they are allowed to change but they cannot hold two nationalities after 21yr old

I know. SG doesn't allow dual nationality if not I would be holding dual by now.
But my cousin who is half Thai / half S'porean, born in TH hold both Thai blue ID card & pink NRIC. Maybe he needs to surrender one before he turns 21 as he's just 19 this year.
 

goh6570

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2014
Messages
5,832
Reaction score
1
I know. SG doesn't allow dual nationality if not I would be holding dual by now.
But my cousin who is half Thai / half S'porean, born in TH hold both Thai blue ID card & pink NRIC. Maybe he needs to surrender one before he turns 21 as he's just 19 this year.

yes he needs to surrender one, when he turns 21. that is what my frens told me. few frens have inter marriages.
 

hesperus

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
854
Reaction score
2
I was born in Thailand and hold 2 identity cards... After I served my NS here I had to go Thai embassy to surrender my Thai nationality..
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top