M1 150mbps on iPhone 5/5S?

chris888222

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
1,701
Reaction score
3
I don't think iPhone 5c/5s can support the 150mbps... As far as I know the two models can support many LTE bands but not the higher speeds.

But honestly, is there even a difference...
 

gardiboy

Master Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
2,738
Reaction score
1
I don't think iPhone 5c/5s can support the 150mbps... As far as I know the two models can support many LTE bands but not the higher speeds.

But honestly, is there even a difference...

Both support max 100mbps.
Ans to ur 2nd qn, by upgrading to the 15bps vas, yep there is still an increase in LTE speeds. Infact around 1.5x faster.
 

chris888222

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2010
Messages
1,701
Reaction score
3
Both support max 100mbps.
Ans to ur 2nd qn, by upgrading to the 15bps vas, yep there is still an increase in LTE speeds. Infact around 1.5x faster.
I mean in real life performance. 150 is a theoretical value, but considering how... unreliable our telcos can be at times, I highly doubt there's a noticeable difference compared to regular LTE.

I could be wrong though.
 

gardiboy

Master Member
Joined
May 25, 2004
Messages
2,738
Reaction score
1
I mean in real life performance. 150 is a theoretical value, but considering how... unreliable our telcos can be at times, I highly doubt there's a noticeable difference compared to regular LTE.

I could be wrong though.

Yep in real life.

75mbps could net 12-15mbps at a certain location, but with 150mbps, it reached 20+mbps
 

sanjeevrana

Senior Member
Joined
Sep 7, 2011
Messages
2,083
Reaction score
0
No for any normal day use , you will not feel any difference unless you are a streamer and then also load time of 1 sec vs 1.2 sec is hardly noticeable ...

Also just below on that M1 page you can see the actual speed which you can expect ...
"The typical speed range of 150Mbps is 21.4 – 63.4Mbps ............"
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top