Macbook Pro Right Arrow Key Came Off

ganns2

Member
Joined
Aug 6, 2013
Messages
422
Reaction score
129
DSC_0053.JPG


My macbook pro right arrow key came off as shown in the picture. Still within warranty, I went to A.Lab in Plaza Singapura, they told me the key is broken and they have to attach a new one, will cost me $60.

Is there any place that can help me replace it at a cheaper rate? Thanks in advance.
 
Last edited:

ahsiao80

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2010
Messages
6,754
Reaction score
45
doesn't that belong to hardware issue which should be under warranty?
 

IronMac

Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 25, 2012
Messages
9,006
Reaction score
11
If it was broken off due to the user's fault then it will not be covered under warranty.
 

ahsiao80

Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2010
Messages
6,754
Reaction score
45
yes they say it is broken due to user fault, not covered under warranty..

Dude, you gotta be more firm on your claim's, I'm pretty sure other company will repair the buttons FOC and won't tell you that its user fault because it could be simply due to a flaw during the manufacture's process.
 

jetpack1976

Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2008
Messages
205
Reaction score
1
You can try to go to sim lim square, lvl 2.

Take the escalator, you will see a sex shop. Follow the sex shop and go round the corner. There is a shop there selling lots and lots of batteries and keyboards.

I know for a fact that alot of shops in the upper levels take their "stock" for keyboard repairs from this shop. I dont know the name anymore.

I am not related in anyway to the shop. Just that I am a regular there for their laptop batteries and I saw they have tons of laptop keyboards for all models.

You might want to give it a try. The shop is honest and friendly.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top