Mari Credit Card

garreth

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
28
Reaction score
5
Mine credit EE also approved.

Last 6 months I applied 3 cards and cancelled 1 card. Straight drop from BB to EE..
Wah.. U got EE rating and yet still approved. Mine is DD and how come not approved? I always pay my bills in full and on time. I wonder what could be the reason. 😞
 
Last edited:

alex22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2001
Messages
26,528
Reaction score
7,668
Between this and the SC Smart, which is more efficient for public transport of bus and mrt?
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,736
Reaction score
2,327
Between this and the SC Smart, which is more efficient for public transport of bus and mrt?
That's an easy one. How much cashback % does SC Smart give for bus/mrt vs how much would this give? Come on, you can make the comparison yourself.
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,021
Reaction score
1,634
Between this and the SC Smart, which is more efficient for public transport of bus and mrt?
Mari vs SC Smart
1.7% vs 5%*
Unless you hate having to redeem points to offset the bills, continue using SC Smart.

It's my go to card for transport / Mac as well since i cannot clock 500 SGD consistently for other cards.
But I may be replacing my 1.6% cashback card to this, since it can be added to GPay whereas my current one can't.

Come on, you can make the comparison yourself.
Sometimes math can be hard or peeps just want validation ;)
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
Between this and the SC Smart, which is more efficient for public transport of bus and mrt?
If you keep taking bus mrt and can accept the delayed bonus points next month then give for current month spend SC smart much much better. But if you want this months spend this month offset DCS Mastercard at 2%
 

alex22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2001
Messages
26,528
Reaction score
7,668
Mari vs SC Smart
1.7% vs 5%*
Unless you hate having to redeem points to offset the bills, continue using SC Smart.

It's my go to card for transport / Mac as well since i cannot clock 500 SGD consistently for other cards.
But I may be replacing my 1.6% cashback card to this, since it can be added to GPay whereas my current one can't.


Sometimes math can be hard or peeps just want validation ;)
Sorry, korkors. But cos sc needs to rack up 3200 points before redemption of $10 block so it can take some time if its only on public transport.

Monthly only about $85 on transport here.
So 4.25 points per month
And everyday at work is caipng cannot use cc.
Hence that would take ages to reach 3.2k or my math fail
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,021
Reaction score
1,634
Sorry, korkors. But cos sc needs to rack up 3200 points before redemption of $10 block so it can take some time if its only on public transport.

Monthly only about $85 on transport here.
So 4.25 points per month
And everyday at work is caipng cannot use cc.
Hence that would take ages to reach 3.2k or my math fail
Haha, not your maths fail. You misunderstood how the % is derived
You also forget that SC Smart give bonus points for transport!

As this is the Mari card thread, i won't go into deep details. But here is the gist.

Your spending accumulates at 1.6 points per dollar.
Then at the end of the month, you get BONUS 17.6 points for your eligible spend (transport)

So, since you typically have 85 SGD spend on transport
Base points
85 * 1.6 points = 136
Bonus points
85 * 17.6 points = 1496

So, 3200 points for 10$ offset, you now can roughly see how long to redeem?

NOTE - THE MATHS ABOVE IS NOT ENTIRELY CORRECT. FOR EXACT COUNT, PLEASE DO THE CALCULATION LINE BY LINE / ITEM BY ITEM IN AN EXCEL
 

alex22

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2001
Messages
26,528
Reaction score
7,668
Haha, not your maths fail. You misunderstood how the % is derived
You also forget that SC Smart give bonus points for transport!

As this is the Mari card thread, i won't go into deep details. But here is the gist.

Your spending accumulates at 1.6 points per dollar.
Then at the end of the month, you get BONUS 17.6 points for your eligible spend (transport)

So, since you typically have 85 SGD spend on transport
Base points
85 * 1.6 points = 136
Bonus points
85 * 17.6 points = 1496

So, 3200 points for 10$ offset, you now can roughly see how long to redeem?

NOTE - THE MATHS ABOVE IS NOT ENTIRELY CORRECT. FOR EXACT COUNT, PLEASE DO THE CALCULATION LINE BY LINE / ITEM BY ITEM IN AN EXCEL
Thank you you. I later go calc again
 

yslvlys

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2023
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
556
Wah.. U got EE rating and yet still approved. Mine is DD and how come not approved? I always pay my bills in full and on time. I wonder what could be the reason. 😞
Haha mine also kena rejected. 😆 It's my 1st time kena rejected for credit credit card and I have many. I have zero debt and pay my bills on time. On the off chance that I paid 1-2 days late. Have always gotten the fees / charges waived so far.
 

garreth

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
28
Reaction score
5
Haha mine also kena rejected. 😆 It's my 1st time kena rejected for credit credit card and I have many. I have zero debt and pay my bills on time. On the off chance that I paid 1-2 days late. Have always gotten the fees / charges waived so far.
So I am not alone 😂 I really wonder why.. Haha..
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,736
Reaction score
2,327
For those that got invited, are you actively using the savings account or a mari credit user?
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
Haha mine also kena rejected. 😆 It's my 1st time kena rejected for credit credit card and I have many. I have zero debt and pay my bills on time. On the off chance that I paid 1-2 days late. Have always gotten the fees / charges waived so far.

So I am not alone 😂 I really wonder why.. Haha..

Can share are you all on work pass in Spore working? Read forums elsewhere got stories
 

yslvlys

Senior Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2023
Messages
1,763
Reaction score
556
Can share are you all on work pass in Spore working? Read forums elsewhere got stories
I am Singapore Citizen..still working and I have 800-900ksgd of cash across my bank accounts. I read the CBS report say I made too many credit enquiries. Probably due to me cancelling a few scb cards as no fee waiver and also tried to unsuccessfully increase my credit limits a few times. I guess cash in bank doesn't count in credit assessment.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,551
Reaction score
3,237
Ok just to share I just have Mari savings account and Mari Invest but I do shop in Shopee a lot many orders but all around $5-10 each time and I play Shopee games daily to get coins. My CBS risk grade is AA.

If you all same as me and still didn't get invited or rejected then dunno liao. They will never reveal the true reasons in case ppl try to game it.
 

garreth

Junior Member
Joined
Apr 1, 2012
Messages
28
Reaction score
5
Ok just to share I just have Mari savings account and Mari Invest but I do shop in Shopee a lot many orders but all around $5-10 each time and I play Shopee games daily to get coins. My CBS risk grade is AA.

If you all same as me and still didn't get invited or rejected then dunno liao. They will never reveal the true reasons in case ppl try to game it.
Likewise, I have been using their Mari Savings Account and I am a Shopee Gold member (Need not explain further) but my application was still being rejected even though I supported them that much.
 

amazingone

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 14, 2015
Messages
66,742
Reaction score
6,184
For those that got invited, are you actively using the savings account or a mari credit user?
have a bit of stash in mari savings account but did not link my maribank account to my shopee account prior to this.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,736
Reaction score
2,327
I am Singapore Citizen..still working and I have 800-900ksgd of cash across my bank accounts. I read the CBS report say I made too many credit enquiries. Probably due to me cancelling a few scb cards as no fee waiver and also tried to unsuccessfully increase my credit limits a few times. I guess cash in bank doesn't count in credit assessment.
Cash in bank does not count as it is not reported to CBS. Card cancellations also do not make a big impact, but your multiple attempts to increase credit limit would. Failure to increase limit might also be due to other issues like already carrying significant debt to income so that might be a red flag to them.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top