Mari Credit Card

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,164
Reaction score
3,191
I didnt receive any sms to redeem cbs. Means what?
After you sign up? Just go CBS and retrieve it right away. Don’t need to wait for any SMS or whatever. CBS gets updated almost instantly.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,164
Reaction score
3,191
That's an easy one. How much cashback % does SC Smart give for bus/mrt vs how much would this give? Come on, you can make the comparison yourself.
If you really need to min-max, obviously SC Smart gives more for public transport.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,164
Reaction score
3,191
I am Singapore Citizen..still working and I have 800-900ksgd of cash across my bank accounts. I read the CBS report say I made too many credit enquiries. Probably due to me cancelling a few scb cards as no fee waiver and also tried to unsuccessfully increase my credit limits a few times. I guess cash in bank doesn't count in credit assessment.
Yes. Could be the CBS report said you had too many credit enquiries.
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,164
Reaction score
3,191
Just share 7.7 sales I use on non-Shopee MariBank app will send notification saying qualified for 1.7% cashback and amount. Once txn posted cashback credited. If this is how they work very good.

First I know if my txn is excluded or not I know immediately not wait for bill statement and guess which txn is excluded if I have many others together.

Second I wait to see really once txn posted cashback immediately give.

If both really how they work MariBank has just raised the bar for other banks to follow. Of cuz some proud banks will not follow I understand then I take my monies let MariBank earn lor.

Now if they follow DCS give 2% cashback will be the icing on the cake.
I’m going to douse myself in more NYSE:SE shares. 🤣
 

Jirachi

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2010
Messages
55,164
Reaction score
3,191
Total 3.77% (1%+2.77%)
https://www.maribank.sg/fees-rates/mari-credit-card

All foreign currency transactions (including overseas and online transactions) charged to the Card will be subject to: (i) a prevailing charge of 1% of the converted Singapore Dollar amount representing the charge imposed by MasterCard on the transaction; and (ii) a prevailing fee of 2.77% of the converted Singapore Dollars amount.
Go and pair this with Amaze card. Better FCY rates.
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,554
Reaction score
3,238
should be same bill, as seen my Maribank app

Mari-Credit-Card.jpg


Will see the 1st statement
I see the same which is why I say will only confirm if it is indeed the case as monies not yet see deducted so waiting they honour their promise.
 

Valdyr

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2024
Messages
50
Reaction score
49
Quick question, when applying for this MariBank Credit Card, is there a way to determine your statement cycle? I prefer my cycle to end on last day of month so easier to track. For e.g Trust Bank can set your payment deadline so you can roughly estimate when is your statement cycle, or like normal banks can call and change.
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,025
Reaction score
1,637
Will have prefer mari debit card, so as not to forgot payment due penalty
They have an auto repayment function that is linked to your Mari Savings account that pays the card on the 5th of every month.

when applying for this MariBank Credit Card, is there a way to determine your statement cycle?
Judging from my own and others screenshot, seems to be fixed? Unless it's a first month thing

First statement will be available on 21st Jul
And in the settings, auto repayment from Mari Savings Account to the card is fixed on the 5th of each month if you activate it
 

sohguanh

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 10, 2010
Messages
9,554
Reaction score
3,238
They have an auto repayment function that is linked to your Mari Savings account that pays the card on the 5th of every month.


Judging from my own and others screenshot, seems to be fixed? Unless it's a first month thing

First statement will be available on 21st Jul
And in the settings, auto repayment from Mari Savings Account to the card is fixed on the 5th of each month if you activate it
Don't activate first. Wait for promo to persuade you to activate. A gamble actually if they will have promo.
 

Valdyr

Junior Member
Joined
Feb 29, 2024
Messages
50
Reaction score
49
They have an auto repayment function that is linked to your Mari Savings account that pays the card on the 5th of every month.


Judging from my own and others screenshot, seems to be fixed? Unless it's a first month thing

First statement will be available on 21st Jul
And in the settings, auto repayment from Mari Savings Account to the card is fixed on the 5th of each month if you activate it

Thanks! Was hoping that the statement cut of date to be last day of the month, then date of statement will be first day of the month kind so easier to manage.
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,025
Reaction score
1,637
so easier to manage
Ya, i can understand this point since ICBC also doing it this way without having to write in.
First day of month - BILL!

Maybe you can write in to ask? But probably they want to keep it as simple as possible since they are new to this as well.
 

xsoldix

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2010
Messages
8,908
Reaction score
1,662
i was also thinking to change my statement date to first or last day of the month.

but seems like no option. it just says 21st of every month.

Let me know if u did contact cso and successful.

Thanks! Was hoping that the statement cut of date to be last day of the month, then date of statement will be first day of the month kind so easier to manage.
 

iadpotato

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2009
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
249
I still waiting for confirmation is the cashback this month spend this month bill offset like DCS Mastercard. Spree UOB Absolute is next bill then offset delayed action I don't like.
Spree for me is same bill offset.
 

xsoldix

Supremacy Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2010
Messages
8,908
Reaction score
1,662
Just received the physical card.
Quite cool, numberless Mastercard.

Downside is the FCC fees, likely be kept in my long term storage.
 

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2006
Messages
8,737
Reaction score
2,327
I don’t see the FCY fees an issue at all, Maribank isn’t pushing for it to be used overseas. You’re meant to use it with Shopee and more Shopee.
 

iadpotato

Senior Member
Joined
Aug 5, 2009
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
249
What is the date of your bill? Also Spree no more accept application need to have backup in advance in case close card forever. DCS Mastercard best as still accept.
10th of the month. Rebates for previous month posted on 11th, bill due on 2nd of the next month. So no drag to next bill.
 

sibeiTrolled

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 23, 2012
Messages
2,025
Reaction score
1,637
Need to submit income documents during signup?
I used singpass so it read the CPF contribution automatically without having to manually submit anything

Are you self-employed or not working or just started working? If so, maybe try first then see what they require
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top