Matched Retirement Savings Scheme

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867

loveboon

Master Member
Joined
Jan 24, 2010
Messages
2,609
Reaction score
1,253

soneat

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 26, 2000
Messages
1,888
Reaction score
318
Eligibility age is between 55-70 years old inclusive and both you and your parents fulfill this criteria? :eek:

I think the inclusive is referring to the age: 55 and 70. Not that both the person must be within that age range
 

maple96

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2017
Messages
2,225
Reaction score
6
I just realized that I can earn $600 per year for the next 5 years if I top up my own CPF retirement account. Anybody aware that if I top up my parents' account and my account, do I can double the amount of top up?

https://www.cpf.gov.sg/Members/Schemes/schemes/retirement/matched-retirement-savings-scheme

If u meet the criteria defined, u get free monies of $600 per year if u topup your RA with 600 next year and next 4 years (if u still continue to qualify I guess), plus get tax relief on 600.

If your parents also meet the criteria defined, u can help your parents topup their RA with 600 next year, (next 4 years if they continue to qualify), they will get free $600 from govt, and u get tax relief.

So lucky!
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
I think the inclusive is referring to the age: 55 and 70. Not that both the person must be within that age range

TS is saying top up for self and parents to get $600.

So TS is suggesting that he/she is 55-70
 

BBCWatcher

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jun 15, 2010
Messages
24,604
Reaction score
5,595
I think the inclusive is referring to the age: 55 and 70. Not that both the person must be within that age range
All qualification for the Matched Retirement Savings Scheme is based on the recipient's characteristics, including age (55 to 70 inclusive). As the CPF Board puts it, "The cash top-ups can be made by anyone, including yourself, your loved ones and your employer."

reddevil0728 said:
TS is saying top up for self and parents to get $600.
So TS is suggesting that he/she is 55-70
The implication is that the original poster and his/her parents are all within that age range (or will be in 2021 when the MRSS starts). But we don't know. Moreover, there's no requirement that you top up a parent's CPF Retirement Account specifically. You can top up a random stranger's CPF RA if you wish, and if that stranger qualifies for the MRSS, then the government will deposit the matching funds.
 

henrylbh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2004
Messages
16,161
Reaction score
864
Eligibility age is between 55-70 years old inclusive and both you and your parents fulfill this criteria? :eek:

He (and his parents) has to be between 55 and 70. Otherwise, he is nut to provide the link and not read it :s13:
 

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2001
Messages
19,593
Reaction score
1,219
Any plans to expand to include those parents above 70?
 

reddevil0728

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Dec 16, 2005
Messages
66,288
Reaction score
5,867
MRSS is having great success. News article big big today.

Should expand its scope.
Can feedback to minister or MP.

but I reckon there’s a cut off of 70 to tie in with some other policy like latest start date of payment or something
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top