Mate 50 Pro

Archuke

Master Member
Reaction score
No matter what they do, no gms is always a critical point to consider. And worse part, they kill the "X" series after mate20X.

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I'm ok without Google
as long as Singtel dash supports paywave though I can't use some of the not so important apps since it relies on Google framework

bakayarou

Reaction score
@1982-1994

If you using a android smartphone w/o GMS.

Kindly download and install the

Services Core and Services Framework Proxy from below webpage

https://microg.org/download.html

With these 2 core apk installed, the app is able to "trick" the phone, telling them machiam like Google services is installed onto phone

The app also provide google push notification, will help push message like WhatsApp, Telegram, Facebook etc etc etc

Hope my this message help

Courtesy thanks to @technolust for providing me this webpage

bakayarou

Reaction score
@1982-1994

While the core operating system is still released as part of the Android Open Source Project, the majority of core apps are not. It gets worse: More and more libraries and APIs are only available on phones that run various Google apps pre-installed, effectively locking third-party apps to the Google ecosystem. For these reasons Android is described as being a “look but don’t touch” kind of open.

At this point, several popular open-source applications already require some of Google’s proprietary libraries to be installed. Increasing demand in the free software community in addition to severe problems in Google’s proprietary software discovered by the Android modding community, have led to the development of a free software clone of Google’s proprietary core libraries and applications - the microG Project was born.

Although most microG components are far from complete, users are amazed by the results. Free software users got extended application support, privacy-caring users can reduce or monitor data that is sent to Google and especially older phones can expect some battery life improvements.

Explanation from the home page
https://microg.org/

This project, it is sponsor by German government too......

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
@1982-1994

If you using a android smartphone w/o GMS.

Kindly download and install the

Services Core and Services Framework Proxy from below webpage

https://microg.org/download.html

With these 2 core apk installed, the app is able to "trick" the phone, telling them machiam like Google services is installed onto phone

The app also provide google push notification, will help push message like WhatsApp, Telegram, Facebook etc etc etc

thanks but if cannot Google pay then no point too

1982-1994

High Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
@1982-1994

have no problem in receiving notification even without Google

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
what about backup?
Huawei also had cloud backup and I remembered u can get free 1st year if you bought Huawei phones.
I had been using the free 1st year and auto renew annually. So far, all my photos and phone backup are similar to how iOS backup. When I switch phone from Mate 20X and Mate X2, all my photos are there. When I took a photo on Mate X2, it will appear on my Mate 20X also.

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huawei also had cloud backup and I remembered u can get free 1st year if you bought Huawei phones.
I had been using the free 1st year and auto renew annually. So far, all my photos and phone backup are similar to how iOS backup. When I switch phone from Mate 20X and Mate X2, all my photos are there. When I took a photo on Mate X2, it will appear on my Mate 20X also.

thanks! didn't know whatsapp can backup to Huawei cloud.

just wondering why can't Huawei offer free cloud like pixel and apple offering to their devices.

tohchr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks! didn't know whatsapp can backup to Huawei cloud.

just wondering why can't Huawei offer free cloud like pixel and apple offering to their devices.
Huawei only had free 5gb.. New device provides 1st year (one time only for each account) 200gb which add up to 205gb.
I think he free storage is the same as apple 5gb but google free storage is 15gb. Huawei cloud can backup whatsapp which I just check. But usually I just copy the whole whatsapp folder and paste to the new phone. It will prompt me to restore. This method is only android to android (Harmony included).

eyz

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Huawei only had free 5gb.. New device provides 1st year (one time only for each account) 200gb which add up to 205gb.
I think he free storage is the same as apple 5gb but google free storage is 15gb. Huawei cloud can backup whatsapp which I just check. But usually I just copy the whole whatsapp folder and paste to the new phone. It will prompt me to restore. This method is only android to android (Harmony included).

oh yah yah, Huawei has free storage. the system kept prompting me on insufficient storage and asking me to subscribe for paid membership.

I supposed when WhatsApp works with HMS, WhatsApp will automatically store the data to Huawei cloud. glad to know that.

thanks.

Soulfly

Reaction score
Wow this is the old school style. Copy and paste the whole WhatsApp folder. Sometimes it takes a long time depending on the size of the folder but it always works...

technolust

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
thanks but if cannot Google pay then no point too
Singtel dash can work ah? Unless u want to transfer paid apps. There are ways around it but not all can work lah. Again it depends if u are willing to try the alternatives . Initial adjustment sure got some pain but once u get used to it, it's ok. But I do understand this isn't for eveyrone. For me I just don't want to be held ransom to any particular OS

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.