May 2013 BTO

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:s8:To get AHG grant 40k ur salary must be 1.5k or less and last time I though every 1st timer will get it but not:)

Where you get this info orphans cannot apply AHG:s8:

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyingNewFlatAdditionalCPFHousingGrant#AHGLeaflet

I fulfill all criteria. Singaporean, formed a family nucleus, first timer, income less than $5k, continuously employed for 12 mths. But I was not granted AHG despite appealing for 5 times already. Reasons being, I'm single, I'm not applying bto with my parents, my parents have already passed on, how to apply with them?

Last edited:

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I fulfill all criteria. Singaporean, formed a family nucleus, first timer, income less than $5k, continuously employed for 12 mths. But I was not granted AHG despite appealing for 5 times already. Reasons being, I'm single, I'm not applying bto with my parents, my parents have already passed on, how to apply with them?

:DI do think you need go through MP to reccomendation letter...the purpose of this AHG is base on income ceiling not you are orphan... if orphan can't apply AHG why they can supply new bto with sibling...:)

After approved AHG can apply special CPF housing grant(SHG)...

Last edited:

MBoI1986

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did anyone received any letter from HDB about BTO? My mum saw a Letter from HDB under me and my wife name. Going back home to see what is it about.

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:DI do think you need go through MP to reccomendation letter...the purpose of this AHG is base on income ceiling not you are orphan... if orphan can't apply AHG why they can supply new bto with sibling...:)

After approved AHG can apply special CPF housing grant(SHG)...

I appeal 5 times already, through my MP, hdb minister and even PM. the reasons they gave for my rejection are ridiculous.

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did anyone received any letter from HDB about BTO? My mum saw a Letter from HDB under me and my wife name. Going back home to see what is it about.

I suppose its the letter to inform u how many chances u have as a first or second timer.

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I appeal 5 times already, through my MP, hdb minister and even PM. the reasons they gave for my rejection are ridiculous.

:s8:Why new citizen can apply bto and AHG grant:)
What about see WP MP for help:D

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No assests. Currently staying in a rental flat from hdb.
U nw had a roof ..y need buy..probably hdb thk u shld hv work substantial yrs b4 u apply flat from them..even they gve u grant can u buy? Dun depend on grants..its a bonus to hve

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U nw had a roof ..y need buy..probably hdb thk u shld hv work substantial yrs b4 u apply flat from them..even they gve u grant can u buy? Dun depend on grants..its a bonus to hve

It is a 2 room rental flat so it is not under my name. The rental is based on income and contract is renewed every 2 years. It is not wise to stay in a rental flat forever, sooner or later I have to move on, what if my contract is not renewed by hdb, where am I gonna to stay? My sibling and I are mid 20s already and are still sharing a bedroom (Opposite gender). Hdb should recognise and provide proper aid for those who really need it. My parents have passed and my sibling and I are trying to move on and learn to be independent.

If you are in the same situation as me, what will you do?

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
It is a 2 room rental flat so it is not under my name. The rental is based on income and contract is renewed every 2 years. It is not wise to stay in a rental flat forever, sooner or later I have to move on, what if my contract is not renewed by hdb, where am I gonna to stay? My sibling and I are mid 20s already and are still sharing a bedroom (Opposite gender). Hdb should recognise and provide proper aid for those who really need it. My parents have passed and my sibling and I are trying to move on and learn to be independent.

I suppose u had got 280k hdb loan with 2.8k gross..few yrs later both u n sibling will be working.compared to household income less 3k with small kids..its much tougher than u..

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just telling u y have applied for where larx, 1st timer got hw many chances allocated as compared to 2nd timer, and then will inform u ballot results end June..

After all u spend $10 for it.. Must give u a piece of paper..

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

:)Why ur parent do not buy direct HDB last time instead rent:s8:

Last time is cheap and our parent bought 1st HDB 3rm @18k in 80s before stayed from kampong:D:D

My another sibling bought 3rm@135k in 2002 and nt so expensive that time and she dnt work high pay job since no subsidy or grant and now need pay stamp duty unlike last time:s8:...so I think you bought ur own hdb flat will better:D

Why dnt get 4rm and next time sell away still have profit gain:D

Last edited:

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Last time is cheap and our parent bought 1st HDB 3rm @18k in 80s before stayed from kampong:D:D

My another sibling bought 3rm@135k in 2002 and nt so expensive that time and she dnt work high pay job since no subsidy or grant and now need pay stamp duty unlesd last time:s8:...so I think you bought ur own hdb flat will better:D

Same...Live in Holland V No 1 1room rental when i was born then move to Queenstown rental before my parents brought the current 3rm for about 25-28k in the late 80s..

twinklingstars

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

My another sibling bought 3rm@135k in 2002 and nt so expensive that time and she dnt work high pay job since no subsidy or grant and now need pay stamp duty unlike last time:s8:...so I think you bought ur own hdb flat will better:D

my father only earns ~$1200, no cpf.. he has some ailments, so is my mother, he was forced into early retirement and my sibling and i are still schooling, how to afford a hdb flat? he did wanted to purchase a 3 room hdb 10 years ago, but by then the prices were out of reach for him... so llst continue to rent from hdb.

so now no choice.. its time for me to get my own place.. i cant rent from hdb forever...

Last edited:

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my father only earns ~$1200, no cpf.. he has some ailments, so is my mother, he was forced into early retirement and my sibling and i are still schooling, how to afford a hdb flat? he did wanted to purchase a 3 room hdb 10 years ago, but by then the prices were out of reach for him... so llst continue to rent from hdb.

so now no choice.. its time for me to get my own place.. i cant rent from hdb forever...

:)My father pay is $200 plus in 80s and do odd job but still bought 3rm flat@18k...:D and I asked why dnt bought 4rm instead:D

If in 10 yrs ago still cheap maybe ur dad dare nt buy hdb flat...:)

:s8:You can see nw pple dare to buy 600k hdb flat:eek:;)

Last edited:

Ronaldo88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:)My father pay is $200 plus in 80s and do odd job but still bought 3rm flat@18k...:D and I asked why dnt bought 4rm instead:D

If in 10 yrs ago still cheap maybe ur dad dare nt buy hdb flat...:)

:s8:You can see nw pple dare to buy 600k hdb flat:eek:;)
Last time people buy for family stay..nw buy is for capital gain n rental income..so they thk cfm can hve 20-30% capital gain down the road. So they r daring to hoot n

3G SAINT

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last time people buy for family stay..nw buy is for capital gain n rental income..so they thk cfm can hve 20-30% capital gain down the road. So they r daring to hoot n

:s8:Make sure they have money for back up if jobless or property crash:D

missangsty

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just telling u y have applied for where larx, 1st timer got hw many chances allocated as compared to 2nd timer, and then will inform u ballot results end June..

After all u spend $10 for it.. Must give u a piece of paper..

I also received it.. make my heart skip a beat when i saw it! Then.. chey. 2 weeks to go!!!

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I also received it.. make my heart skip a beat when i saw it! Then.. chey. 2 weeks to go!!!

:s13::s13:

If the letter to inform you of your ballot no can reach u means the online check already open anyway..

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.