May 2013 BTO

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Do you know how HDB derive at this figure? My HLE $370k, but banks can loan me $500k+

Nope...

Bank lehx...They give u higher amt and u dare to take, of cos they dare to loan..At most when times are bad, they repo ur house niax what..To them win win..

Give u a scenario..

CC application with about 32k per annum, they give u a card with 12k limit. You dare to sign??

Densocool

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nope...

Bank lehx...They give u higher amt and u dare to take, of cos they dare to loan..At most when times are bad, they repo ur house niax what..To them win win..

Give u a scenario..

CC application with about 32k per annum, they give u a card with 12k limit. You dare to sign??

Yeah this you are certainly right, my friend whose monthly basic salary is slightly above 8K managed to take a approved 800K loan for a private property purchase last year, somemore he is already close to 40 now yet the bank ok to loan him that amount.

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hle is 100x of your combined income..

How accurate is this 100x thou??

My combined x 100 is over the amount given..

Age plays a part as well..Some combined salary might and will probably raise up but they get older, turns out HLE is nt 100x of combined also..

But then nt that bother since i probably need slightly less than half of what's offered also..

Last edited:

bearine

Reaction score

Age plays a part as well..Some combined salary might and will probably raise up but they get older, turns out HLE is nt 100x of combined also..

But then nt that bother since i probably need slightly less than half of what's offered also..

My combined like 4k+ but HLE only 288k.. :s22:

bearine

Reaction score
My combined 4k+ also...Wife just got her PR anyway..The online enquiry results very similar to what was given..

Mine was big diff, maybe cos of the lacking of my bank statement of my odd job thingy.. But the officer say nth to worry.. as long as it is an approved HLE.. just make sure before u collect ur key.. that period of time income is stable..

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine was big diff, maybe cos of the lacking of my bank statement of my odd job thingy.. But the officer say nth to worry.. as long as it is an approved HLE.. just make sure before u collect ur key.. that period of time income is stable..

Yup..I just apply early to have a gauge before the ballot results is out since CCK is confirm have for 1st timer..

bearine

Reaction score
Yup..I just apply early to have a gauge before the ballot results is out since CCK is confirm have for 1st timer..

Most likely you have to do it again.. cos it is only valid for 3 mths.. result out in end june.. so 1st appt selection will be in july or later.. and 2nd appt is bout 3mths later..

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Most likely you have to do it again.. cos it is only valid for 3 mths.. result out in end june.. so 1st appt selection will be in july or later.. and 2nd appt is bout 3mths later..

No worries about that..

Actually when i email HDB Credit about HLE recently, the lady call me and say if applied and expired and if ur employment etc etc no changes, can just pass to them during 2nd appt and they will take care of it..

betterluck

Reaction score
No worries about that..

Actually when i email HDB Credit about HLE recently, the lady call me and say if applied and expired and if ur employment etc etc no changes, can just pass to them during 2nd appt and they will take care of it..

HLE can be extended for further 3 months..

I also applied my Hle at point of application then..

ki113r

Reaction score
Nope...

Give u a scenario..

Lol which bank so cock? My annual income more than that but my card limit is only $5.2k, which is enough for me :s13:

Hle is 100x of your combined income..

Not true in my case leh. That's why I'm asking ma.

Think you're right, age does play a part. Thanks!

Gixxerfied

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Lol which bank so cock? My annual income more than that but my card limit is only $5.2k, which is enough for me :s13:

Not true in my case leh. That's why I'm asking ma.

Think you're right, age does play a part. Thanks!

Standard Chartered Bank..

Cannot say they are cock..If u sign over ur limit but within the 12k card limit and u cannot pay up, either u declare bankrupt or work out a monthly instalment with them..

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.