Hi guys,
need some help to figure this out. I'm running an SSD in the standard hard drive bay and have replaced the optical drive with a HD caddy with the original HDD.
What I'm aiming for is to have my primary Mac OS running on the SSD, while secondary Mac OS and Windows on the HDD.
The problem I'm experiencing is that I am unable to successfully boot Windows. Whenever I do, the black screen would come up saying something like "no bootable drive detected. Insert drive and press any key to continue..." and I am required to do a forced shutdown. On the other hand, I can successfully boot my secondary Mac OS.
I also experienced this same screen in the past when I tried to boot the same HDD externally via a SATA-to-USB cable. Again, I was able to boot the secondary Mac OS on the HDD externally.
It seems like I can boot Windows ONLY when the HDD is located in the standard hard drive bay. Is there any settings I need to change or any tutorial for my particular setup?
need some help to figure this out. I'm running an SSD in the standard hard drive bay and have replaced the optical drive with a HD caddy with the original HDD.
What I'm aiming for is to have my primary Mac OS running on the SSD, while secondary Mac OS and Windows on the HDD.
The problem I'm experiencing is that I am unable to successfully boot Windows. Whenever I do, the black screen would come up saying something like "no bootable drive detected. Insert drive and press any key to continue..." and I am required to do a forced shutdown. On the other hand, I can successfully boot my secondary Mac OS.
I also experienced this same screen in the past when I tried to boot the same HDD externally via a SATA-to-USB cable. Again, I was able to boot the secondary Mac OS on the HDD externally.
It seems like I can boot Windows ONLY when the HDD is located in the standard hard drive bay. Is there any settings I need to change or any tutorial for my particular setup?
