MDIS or SIMGE

Tzy0913

Reaction score
Hi guys

I’m a MDIS international foundation cert holder. I’m thinking of taking degree certificate in information technology. But I’m also wondering which uni is better, MDIS or SIMGE? And can I straight away take up the degree courses in SIMGE with MDIS international foundation cert or I have to go through the diploma first?

another question , can I go to NUS/ NTU with SIMGE cert?

icebandung

Reaction score
i guess SIMGE better? AFAIK more locals go to SIMGE. they also have two overseas unis, UOL and UOW that offer comp science. but i think you may need to take diploma first.

are you referring to SIMGE diploma to get to NUS/NTU? hard to say so i think it's best to check with them

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I’m a MDIS international foundation cert holder. I’m thinking of taking degree certificate in information technology. But I’m also wondering which uni is better, MDIS or SIMGE? And can I straight away take up the degree courses in SIMGE with MDIS international foundation cert or I have to go through the diploma first?

another question , can I go to NUS/ NTU with SIMGE cert?
So I actually used to be in the education industry side, admissions-side.

I would suppose SIMGE has better name-recognition, a better student support services system but it also depends on which you feel more comfortable with, and also your level of comfort/risk with school fees and other expenses as well.

Tzy0913

Reaction score
i guess SIMGE better? AFAIK more locals go to SIMGE. they also have two overseas unis, UOL and UOW that offer comp science. but i think you may need to take diploma first.

are you referring to SIMGE diploma to get to NUS/NTU? hard to say so i think it's best to check with them
Thanks for the reply ✌️ I think I will just continue my diploma at MDIS then degree in SIMGE

Tzy0913

Reaction score

I would suppose SIMGE has better name-recognition, a better student support services system but it also depends on which you feel more comfortable with, and also your level of comfort/risk with school fees

I would suppose SIMGE has better name-recognition, a better student support services system but it also depends on which you feel more comfortable with, and also your level of comfort/risk with school fees and other expenses as well.

But do u think SIMGE accepts MDIS diploma to study their degree ?😬

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
I use to recall that previously they did
Ok, so there are a number of things to unpack here.

So if you are referring specifically to SIM GE, I am assuming that you are referring to the partnership programs they run with foreign universities like RMIT, Buffalo, and Stirling.

And since you mentioned IT, I assume that you mean Wollongong.

But I need to stress that currently, I am unsure if the foreign-partner degrees offered in SIM GE already incorporate exemptions (usually poly diploma graduate) or do they offer the "full" program for people without any potential credit transfer. If it is only the first option, your chances practically drop to nil.

For partner foreign universities, what you can do is drop an email to ad admissions office at SIM GE if they accept the MDIS diploma. By now, the admissions office at SIM GE should theoretically know whether or not MDIS Diploma is affected.

Now just to note, because the degree is offered through a partnership program with a foreign university, by right, admission standards should, in theory, be set and decided by the foreign university, although it is possible that the foreign university delegate it all to SIM GE.

Note: I have been out of the industry for over 8 years, so my info could be outdated or wrong.

In the event that SIM GE gives you a theoretical "No" reply, you can directly contact the overseas admissions office of the foreign partner and ask them to do an assessment. In "theory", because the degree offered is the same, admission standards "in theory" are not supposed too differ.

Tzy0913

Reaction score
I use to recall that previously they did

Ok, so there are a number of things to unpack here.

So if you are referring specifically to SIM GE, I am assuming that you are referring to the partnership programs they run with foreign universities like RMIT, Buffalo, and Stirling.

And since you mentioned IT, I assume that you mean Wollongong.

But I need to stress that currently, I am unsure if the foreign-partner degrees offered in SIM GE already incorporate exemptions (usually poly diploma graduate) or do they offer the "full" program for people without any potential credit transfer. If it is only the first option, your chances practically drop to nil.

For partner foreign universities, what you can do is drop an email to ad admissions office at SIM GE if they accept the MDIS diploma. By now, the admissions office at SIM GE should theoretically know whether or not MDIS Diploma is affected.

Now just to note, because the degree is offered through a partnership program with a foreign university, by right, admission standards should, in theory, be set and decided by the foreign university, although it is possible that the foreign university delegate it all to SIM GE.

Note: I have been out of the industry for over 8 years, so my info could be outdated or wrong.

In the event that SIM GE gives you a theoretical "No" reply, you can directly contact the overseas admissions office of the foreign partner and ask them to do an assessment. In "theory", because the degree offered is the same, admission standards "in theory" are not supposed too differ.
So am I right to say degree from SIMGE will be more recognise?

firsttimebuyer

Master Member
Reaction score
So am I right to say degree from SIMGE will be more recognise?

Realistically, if it is a degree from a foreign partner university, which I think is the only option at the undergraduate level offered by both SIM GE and MDIS, it should not matter, because ultimately, the cert and transcript is issued by the foreign partner university, not the local PEI partner (e,g MDIS, SIMGE etc.).

But you may also want to consider things like facilities available (lecture halls, computer labs, library), the quality of teaching staff (whom are usually local contracted residents) etc.

Tzy0913

Reaction score
Realistically, if it is a degree from a foreign partner university, which I think is the only option at the undergraduate level offered by both SIM GE and MDIS, it should not matter, because ultimately, the cert and transcript is issued by the foreign partner university, not the local PEI partner (e,g MDIS, SIMGE etc.).

But you may also want to consider things like facilities available (lecture halls, computer labs, library), the quality of teaching staff (whom are usually local contracted residents) etc.
Ok. Thank you for sparing your time to answer me. Really appropriate it 🤗

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.