Medicine for Dogs

RRSS128

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2016
Messages
988
Reaction score
2
I know a lot of people buy medicine for high cholestrol, etc at Boots or Watsons. How about medicine and supplements for dogs? Where to get in BKK?
 

Chemistry81

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
Kaset animal hospital
50 Phahonyothin Rd, Khwaeng Lat Yao, Khet Chatuchak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10900, Thailand

Or there's one at Chula university. Depending where is near for you.
Can google check lor. They have english speaking staff and vets so language not an issue.

Pte vet clinic might not have your meds you need but can also try.
 

RRSS128

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2016
Messages
988
Reaction score
2
Kaset animal hospital
50 Phahonyothin Rd, Khwaeng Lat Yao, Khet Chatuchak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10900, Thailand

Or there's one at Chula university. Depending where is near for you.
Can google check lor. They have english speaking staff and vets so language not an issue.

Pte vet clinic might not have your meds you need but can also try.

Thank you so much. My dog's medicine is costing me a fair bit monthly. This helps.
 

Chemistry81

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
Look for Thai generics. Imported products are more expensive. And if there's human option usually will be cheaper. For e.g. HBP meds imported brands cost 1000ish while local generics cost 100 to 200 depend on which pharmacy. If go Boots or Watson is a bit more pricey. Good luck
I got 5 dogs. 2 of them with recurring problems.
So need to get cheapo options if not I pok gai

Thank you so much. My dog's medicine is costing me a fair bit monthly. This helps.
 

RRSS128

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2016
Messages
988
Reaction score
2
Once again, thanks.

The one at Chuala university is nearer to my hotel. But they don't have email. I am going to try my luck at that pkace the day i arrive.

I need heart, liver and cushings medicine for my dog.
 

Chemistry81

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
I don't think it works that way. They need to see your dog before dispensing any medication.
But if you have generic human medication you can go pharmacist to get perscription filled.
Sorry. I assume you have your pet in Thailand.

Once again, thanks.

The one at Chuala university is nearer to my hotel. But they don't have email. I am going to try my luck at that pkace the day i arrive.

I need heart, liver and cushings medicine for my dog.
 

BlackCube

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2003
Messages
71,252
Reaction score
861
I don't think it works that way. They need to see your dog before dispensing any medication.
But if you have generic human medication you can go pharmacist to get perscription filled.
Sorry. I assume you have your pet in Thailand.

Eh not really. U can describe the problem and they might dispense to you. Unless major issue or they not sure then cannot.
 

RRSS128

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2016
Messages
988
Reaction score
2
Maybe I can ask my vet to write a prescription list for me? Or I bring his medicine with me and show them?
 

Chemistry81

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
If just generic drugs that you can get that's made in TH it's cheaper. Imported product more expensive.
If no dog with you just go direct pharmacy, human pharmacy cheaper then the animal hospital's.

Maybe I can ask my vet to write a prescription list for me? Or I bring his medicine with me and show them?
 

Beta_Tester

Honorary Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2003
Messages
115,262
Reaction score
71
I wanted to get cushings meds for my dog too. I have prescribions from Vet. Been importing from UK. Thinking of Bkk also.

Can update if you manage to get. Thx
 

Chemistry81

Member
Joined
Jul 20, 2002
Messages
134
Reaction score
1
Have to let me know which type of medication and I'll ask some vets. Some medication might not be produced/ able to be imported to Thailand as the product haven't been registered.

I wanted to get cushings meds for my dog too. I have prescribions from Vet. Been importing from UK. Thinking of Bkk also.

Can update if you manage to get. Thx
 

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 4, 2002
Messages
21,560
Reaction score
2,237
I don't think it works that way. They need to see your dog before dispensing any medication.
But if you have generic human medication you can go pharmacist to get perscription filled.
Sorry. I assume you have your pet in Thailand.

this is thailand
unlike our first world here haha

got thai king note works wonders!!!!
 

RRSS128

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 20, 2016
Messages
988
Reaction score
2
Have to let me know which type of medication and I'll ask some vets. Some medication might not be produced/ able to be imported to Thailand as the product haven't been registered.

Can you ask for me? I need

Ursofalk 250mg
Vetoryl 7.5mg
Kelapril 5mg

And does pet shops in Bangkok sell Nutramax Denosyl chewable tablets? The professional line one.

I will be in Bangkok mid Sept. Hopefully can get them.

Thank you.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top