Men: How do you keep your wallet

shock8

Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
Hi guys. I just bought a slightly more expensive wallet and wanted to maintain it and take good care of it.

Was wondering which pocket do you guys keep your wallet to maintain its shape. I used to keep in my back right pocket and always damage it as i sat on it.

And which direction do you guys slot your wallet down?

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_put_a_wallet_in_your_back_pocket_correctly_flat_side_up_or_the_side_that_opens

Managed to google this and not sure if its correct.

Thanks.
 

Darkangle2

Master Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2012
Messages
3,214
Reaction score
0
If I wanna keep my wallet in shape and maintain it well, then I will never put it in my back pocket.

I keep my in my front pockets. Some people put in their bags or hold in the hand, it works better in terms of the lifespan. But troublesome for me
 

xtwis7

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
21,847
Reaction score
597
Tip. Look for a wallet constructed out of shell cordovan. You'll never go back to normal leather again.
 

ecan07

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 26, 2008
Messages
1,719
Reaction score
8
Ya I think if u wanna take care of your wallet, nvr put it in pockets, as some of my friends advised me. But occasionally when I lazy to hold on my hand, I will put in back pocket when WALKING but nvr ever sit down with it in back pocket. Even front pockets are no good I feel, as the size is usually insufficient
And beware not to put too much stuff in your wallet (e.g too many credit cards). Did that for my current wallet and I regretted it. The leather stretches and wld nvr go back to it's original tight shape
 

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
5,311
Reaction score
86
1. Never put more cards and cash than it can hold.
2. Clear your receipt and other trash from the wallet.
3. Never sit with wallet in your back pocket
4. Alternate use your wallet

Usually I put my wallet in bag when I go for work. For casual, i will hold the wallet in my hands. Sometimes I put it in my back pocket.

In actual fact, all my wallets are still very mint condition.
 

shock8

Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
1. Never put more cards and cash than it can hold.
2. Clear your receipt and other trash from the wallet.
3. Never sit with wallet in your back pocket
4. Alternate use your wallet

Usually I put my wallet in bag when I go for work. For casual, i will hold the wallet in my hands. Sometimes I put it in my back pocket.

In actual fact, all my wallets are still very mint condition.


Ya I think if u wanna take care of your wallet, nvr put it in pockets, as some of my friends advised me. But occasionally when I lazy to hold on my hand, I will put in back pocket when WALKING but nvr ever sit down with it in back pocket. Even front pockets are no good I feel, as the size is usually insufficient
And beware not to put too much stuff in your wallet (e.g too many credit cards). Did that for my current wallet and I regretted it. The leather stretches and wld nvr go back to it's original tight shape


If I wanna keep my wallet in shape and maintain it well, then I will never put it in my back pocket.

I keep my in my front pockets. Some people put in their bags or hold in the hand, it works better in terms of the lifespan. But troublesome for me

But front pocket is mostly too small and there will be an awkward shape bulging out hmm.. holding with hand not very convenient and easily misplaced? For bags. do you guys bring your bag out every time? which direction do you guys slot your wallet into your back pocket? the folding side or the flat side?

thanks
 

ForumRider

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2009
Messages
5,311
Reaction score
86
But front pocket is mostly too small and there will be an awkward shape bulging out hmm.. holding with hand not very convenient and easily misplaced? For bags. do you guys bring your bag out every time? which direction do you guys slot your wallet into your back pocket? the folding side or the flat side?

thanks

u asking very detail leh.
I have only 8 card slot max in my wallet and my wallet is always slim. So no issue in putting back pocket. I dont put in front pocket.

If you think taking care of it is a hassle, then just heck care la. Change every few years quite ok. Just go hoot one good wallet and use it to the max. U should be enjoying but you make it like agony to use the wallet:s13:
 

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2014
Messages
14,850
Reaction score
1,560
u asking very detail leh.
I have only 8 card slot max in my wallet and my wallet is always slim. So no issue in putting back pocket. I dont put in front pocket.

If you think taking care of it is a hassle, then just heck care la. Change every few years quite ok. Just go hoot one good wallet and use it to the max. U should be enjoying but you make it like agony to use the wallet:s13:

+ 1. U own the wallet not the wallet own u ma! hehe
 

emozxs

Senior Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2009
Messages
601
Reaction score
48
I always put in back left pocket, the middle "fold" of the wallet will be facing up, easier to take out + the edge won't catch onto the jeans/pants if tight.

Just take out before sitting down, and it will be fine. Sometimes I lazy I don't even take out. Wallet still can last (and maintain shape) for 7 years.

And I agree with above posters. Is you own the wallet, not the wallet own you. Like how some owners will let the dog pull them to wherever the dog wants to go. Is you walk the dog or the dog walk you???
 

diu___

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2007
Messages
16,432
Reaction score
2
i place it in moi front pocket for 2 main reason

- make it harder for pickpockets
- don't need take out wallet to seat if in back pocket(cards easily damaged , not really for fear of damage to wallet)

btw, moi using ketupat wallet
 

shock8

Member
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Messages
156
Reaction score
0
u asking very detail leh.
I have only 8 card slot max in my wallet and my wallet is always slim. So no issue in putting back pocket. I dont put in front pocket.

If you think taking care of it is a hassle, then just heck care la. Change every few years quite ok. Just go hoot one good wallet and use it to the max. U should be enjoying but you make it like agony to use the wallet:s13:

+ 1. U own the wallet not the wallet own u ma! hehe

I always put in back left pocket, the middle "fold" of the wallet will be facing up, easier to take out + the edge won't catch onto the jeans/pants if tight.

Just take out before sitting down, and it will be fine. Sometimes I lazy I don't even take out. Wallet still can last (and maintain shape) for 7 years.

And I agree with above posters. Is you own the wallet, not the wallet own you. Like how some owners will let the dog pull them to wherever the dog wants to go. Is you walk the dog or the dog walk you???

Haha thanks for the reply guys ! Just asking in general how to take care of it :p thanks !
 

ahboy82

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
55,669
Reaction score
6,199
But front pocket is mostly too small and there will be an awkward shape bulging out hmm.. holding with hand not very convenient and easily misplaced? For bags. do you guys bring your bag out every time? which direction do you guys slot your wallet into your back pocket? the folding side or the flat side?

thanks

of cos dun bring bag always la. dun tell me u go down to hawker center to eat must bring bag just to put wallet? :s22::s22:

so either u put in front pocket, or like some of my frens put on their lap when eating, a little uncomfortable and uneasy la, but can protect and extend lifespan of wallet y not? :s13:

otherwise, i have some frens who scare table dirty then put the wallet on a packet of tissue when they eat. also can la but must watch over the wallet pls.. :s13:
 

Jeremy1

Great Supremacy Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2006
Messages
69,454
Reaction score
20,047
Well, for me I put my wallet on my jean back pocket.

True to say that it's will be out of shape in time and torn on the edges but I don't really bother.

As I feel it's really worthwhile for me as I had been using it for more than 5 years as long as it's serve my need.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top