Microsoft Flight Simulator

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

https://www.xbox.com/flightsimulator

Coming 2020, Microsoft Flight Simulator is the next generation of one of the most beloved simulation franchises. From light planes to wide-body jets, fly highly detailed and stunning aircraft in an incredibly realistic world. Create your flight plan and fly anywhere on the planet. Enjoy flying day or night and face realistic, challenging weather conditions. Available with Xbox Game Pass.

seanteo5c

Reaction score
Wonder how this stacks up compared to Xplane 11 or its predecessor. Hoping there will be a pc port

Recce5

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wonder how this stacks up compared to Xplane 11 or its predecessor. Hoping there will be a pc port

I thought this is a pc game? XBox game pass is a subscription service with games that can run on PC & Xbox I believe.

Interestingly, looks like MS is moving towards cloud gaming subscription services and reducing reliant on actual hardware like the XBox One X which they just announced will be discontinued.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I thought this is a pc game? XBox game pass is a subscription service with games that can run on PC & Xbox I believe.

Interestingly, looks like MS is moving towards cloud gaming subscription services and reducing reliant on actual hardware like the XBox One X which they just announced will be discontinued.

they been doing that for the last 2 years. enjoyed so many games on PC through the game pass service. this and origin access are one of the better game pass services to get in SG.

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we have several casual players streaming on our discord for anyone interested to watch. also lots of discussions on the flight sim at the moment for any who wants to ask questions on it etc.

Some screenshots from our casual pilots

Everest on the left
SoK4Vg5.jpg

Mt Fuji
fjwD21C.jpg

Tokyo
Q4BiQEV.jpg

Fjords in Norway
1TlnoUm.png

Interesting
GVIwxjz.jpg

Looks familiar?
6wPO7g2.png

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3rd party voice packs coming soon (additional cost)

Pyre

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
https://www.jonpeddie.com/press-rel...0-will-stimulate-billions-of-dollars-in-pc-ga
JPR analyzed the three levels of Economically Active PC gamers and simulation fans: Entry-Level, Mid-Range, and High-End. Economically Active PC gamers are a subset of the global PC gaming populace who rebuild, buy, and upgrade components and accessories with a higher frequency or “refresh rate.” The amount they spend differs and the probability they are flight sim fans differs by level. The higher the level, the more sim fans there are as a percentage, and the more they spend.

Based on the assumption of a sale of 2.27 million units of Flight Simulator 2020 selling over the next three years, JPR estimates that in that time frame $2.6 billion will be spent on hardware with the specific intent of improving the game's experience. Much more will be spent over the title's complete sales cycle.

Snoweagle

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I've always seen MSFS as the best FS yet. Over 10 years back I played MSFS Gold Edition and was already blown away by the features.

Unfortunately I've moved to Mac 10 years ago so will be missing this, also not planning to boot camp. So for now it's Infinite Flight and so far also the best FS for iOS/iPadOS with global terrain, minus the buildings.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.