Microsoft Surface Laptop complains

  • Need someone to talk to?
    Feeling down, anxious and need help? Mental Health Helpline: 6389-2222 (24 hours) More info

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2005
Messages
8,023
Reaction score
719
I sincerely urge all to aviod Microsoft for our next laptop.

I bought a surface laptop on 28 June 2020. I found the sceeen to have a very bad yellowish tint, out of the box.

I tried to rectify the issue and reported the fault to Microsoft on 30th June 2020

They offered a refurbished set, which i declined. I had bought it brand new and the set was defective out of the box. Im not going to accept a used set. This is regardless of who ceritifed it. Microsoft made it a big deal that they are the one certifying the used set. Do I care?

They offered to escalate the case on 1 July 2020, and reply me within 3 business days. Guess what? I only got a reply today, on 10 July 2020. So much for 3 business day. No surprise here, they rejected me flat with their standard answer.

This not only demostrate Microsoft's big corporate bullying tactics, but lousy after sales "service"

Posted from PCWX using SM-N975F
 

Reborns

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 5, 2009
Messages
1,589
Reaction score
0
huh?
if u buy directly from them
u could just return and get a refund

if u get it from a retailer
there is a 7 days lemon law

i am not sure why are u pushing the issue
 

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2005
Messages
8,023
Reaction score
719
huh?
if u buy directly from them
u could just return and get a refund

if u get it from a retailer
there is a 7 days lemon law

i am not sure why are u pushing the issue

Retailer ask me go back Microsoft

Microsoft doesn't offer refund
 

destiny88

Senior Member
Joined
Jun 9, 2006
Messages
1,601
Reaction score
28
Retailer ask me go back Microsoft

Microsoft doesn't offer refund

Which retailer did u buy from? But seriously Microsoft has a very bad customer service support. And its based in Australia also.
 

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2005
Messages
8,023
Reaction score
719
I had Acer, Asus and Dell previously. First time got a Microsoft.

Yes, customer "service" based in Australia.

The purpose of which, is to create awareness of this lousy brand. Microsoft community also has numerous issues on Microsoft's QC.

I do not wish to elaborate more. For those who wish to support Microsoft, your choice. I'm not entering into any argument here
 

Biogentic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,599
Reaction score
58
actually not sure why people want to get MS surface laptop or their tablet... it is not exactly cheap too. MS as its name goes, is a software company, good at software and not hardware. If you want to spend a few thousands on a laptop, go for the real computer company like HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc.. Building a laptop so small and compact are really not easy, the engineers need to have certain expertise, knowledge and tech know how.
 

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2005
Messages
8,023
Reaction score
719
actually not sure why people want to get MS surface laptop or their tablet... it is not exactly cheap too. MS as its name goes, is a software company, good at software and not hardware. If you want to spend a few thousands on a laptop, go for the real computer company like HP, Dell, Lenovo, etc.. Building a laptop so small and compact are really not easy, the engineers need to have certain expertise, knowledge and tech know how.

Was sold by the brand and the sleek design.

But nevertheless, create awareness, so that the next person does not commit the same mistak



Posted from PCWX using SM-N975F
 

watzup_ken

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2003
Messages
25,670
Reaction score
2,123
I have never been a fan of the Microsoft Surface series. Microsoft slaps premium price on these laptops/ hybrids, but if you look back at the history of Surface (since the first generation), there's always been teething QC issues that Microsoft either address very late, or don't address at all. I like the Surface Pro form factor, but I never dared to buy it after reading about negative feedbacks in forums and negative news in prominent news/review sites. if this is a 1200 bucks laptop, I may not be so fuss about it. But considering that MS wants to charge like Apple, the least they can do is to have solid QC, which unfortunately is not the case over the years. With this, it seems they have not learned. Its not Apple products are perfect, but if I take the recent debacle about the keyboard, they tried improving it in the next iteration, and changed the keyboard type in the next.
 
Last edited:

trenzterra

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2002
Messages
20,628
Reaction score
516
The yellowish tint is it something that can be fixed with calibration?
 

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
12,326
Reaction score
291
I have never been a fan of the Microsoft Surface series. Microsoft slaps premium price on these laptops/ hybrids, but if you look back at the history of Surface (since the first generation), there's always been teething QC issues that Microsoft either address very late, or don't address at all. I like the Surface Pro form factor, but I never dared to buy it after reading about negative feedbacks in forums and negative news in prominent news/review sites. if this is a 1200 bucks laptop, I may not be so fuss about it. But considering that MS wants to charge like Apple, the least they can do is to have solid QC, which unfortunately is not the case over the years. With this, it seems they have not learned. Its not Apple products are perfect, but if I take the recent debacle about the keyboard, they tried improving it in the next iteration, and changed the keyboard type in the next.

And Apple extended free keyboard repairs and replacements even after warranty I think... so they have good service recovery...
 

AnTiLooP

Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
6,226
Reaction score
87
Have you tried to use different ICC profiles to check if they tint can be corrected ?
you can also use DCCW to calibrate your display. Give it a go, it might just help you.
 

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,451
Reaction score
62
TS can i know which laptop u purchased. is it the latest surface laptop 3 ?
 

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2005
Messages
8,023
Reaction score
719
Have you tried to use different ICC profiles to check if they tint can be corrected ?
you can also use DCCW to calibrate your display. Give it a go, it might just help you.

Woooooo...thanks bruh

Posted from PCWX using SM-T720
 

plainsman

Arch-Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2000
Messages
15,451
Reaction score
62
oops tks and sorry for confusion

ive been eyeing the surface laptop 3 in sandstone gold colour but seems they do not bring it in sg.
 
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top