Milo's TA discussion and sharing thread

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
Y dont practise cut loss instead of finding a broker to help u cut loss? Wat if broker auto sells for u and the price rebounds back? U probably wont be blaming him but u sure feel sibei buay song wat..

If u dun feel buay song then might as well juz call in urself and cut it? U can see the market at the end of each day to decide the next trading day whether u should hold or sell...

Sometime I also scare help people cut loss. They can tell me once break 0.50 ie, please throw for me but then when it's at 0.52, u call them and they would say never mind I losing too much I will paid up etc..

Later if u throw at 0.495, it rebounded off, u created day low and close at 0.60, they will be asking you why never call them and confirmed? Lol

U cut loss when u chased high. If u are not disciplined to cut loss, u probably will cxl your automated stop loss order if if there is such orders when it approaches your stop loss price Liao. If you know it's bad news, no need stop loss, just throw.
 
Last edited:

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
26,802
Reaction score
24
If you are scared of cutting lose, then you do enough homework and research on the stocks that you are buying the right stock and price so that you do not need to cut loss at all and even if it drops to below your stop loss price, you can still continue to hold on to it knowing its just temporary weakness..
yes of course I will do research on both TA and FA perspective.

I am sure u will agree no matter how much research I do, even if I hire the most experience analyst from goldman sachs, there will bound to be situations where market goes against me.

Therefore an exit strategy is required
 

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
26,802
Reaction score
24
Y dont practise cut loss instead of finding a broker to help u cut loss?

As I said, I might be in meetings or overseas where I have no access to my broker or the computer.

Wat if broker auto sells for u and the price rebounds back? U probably wont be blaming him but u sure feel sibei buay song wat..
As long as the broker cut loss within my parameters, I have 100% no regret even if the stock go up 200% after my cut.
I have done the quantitative research to backup the importance of cutting loss.



If u dun feel buay song then might as well juz call in urself and cut it? U can see the market at the end of each day to decide the next trading day whether u should hold or sell...

As I said, I might be in meetings or overseas where I have no access to my broker or the computer.

At the end of the day no problem. Its the middle of the day which I am worried.
 

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
yes of course I will do research on both TA and FA perspective.

I am sure u will agree no matter how much research I do, even if I hire the most experience analyst from goldman sachs, there will bound to be situations where market goes against me.

Therefore an exit strategy is required

If market closes against you, turn on pc at 0830hrs, key in sell order and throw at open, why still need a stop loss order at a specified price.

You probably imo someone who dont like to lose money and so set a stop loss so low that u hope it won't hit at all.

If I wan to cut loss, I throw at open usually.

Or else just use the price alert app, hit your thereshold, if u are in meeting, SMS your broker n ask him throw.
 

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
As I said, I might be in meetings or overseas where I have no access to my broker or the computer.


As long as the broker cut loss within my parameters, I have 100% no regret even if the stock go up 200% after my cut.
I have done the quantitative research to backup the importance of cutting loss.





As I said, I might be in meetings or overseas where I have no access to my broker or the computer.

At the end of the day no problem. Its the middle of the day which I am worried.

Your quantitative research got 50 pages long or not?
 

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
26,802
Reaction score
24
Sometime I also scare help people cut loss. They can tell me once break 0.50 ie, please throw for me but then when it's at 0.52, u call them and they would say never mind I losing too much I will paid up etc..

Later if u throw at 0.495, it rebounded off, u created day low and close at 0.60, they will be asking you why never call them and confirmed? Lol

haha, very normal human behavior. Most ppl fail at the stock market. Its not easy being a broker

GPGT
DdvHXgS.png
 

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
yes of course I will do research on both TA and FA perspective.

I am sure u will agree no matter how much research I do, even if I hire the most experience analyst from goldman sachs, there will bound to be situations where market goes against me.

Therefore an exit strategy is required

For your information, when Goldman is losing money, they don't cut loss. They probably need another research and justification before they find a buyer and do off market trades

They don't cut loss FYI.

U see china mz, price drop 50%, do you see temperton or indofood cutting loss or not?
 

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
26,802
Reaction score
24
Your quantitative research got 50 pages long or not?
around 100 pages I tink. I can even make it 100,000 pages if I throw in everything. :s13:

Number of pages dont matter lah. Funny you ask about pages. I recall a research that linked the number of pages on the company's annual report to its stock performance. The funny thing is that the more pages on the annual report, the lousier the stock performance is! :s13: There is logical a reason for this, can you guess why? Test your IQ :s13:


but what the hack, its personal research. No need to write formal paper unless someone is hiring me to be a quant.
 

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
26,802
Reaction score
24
For your information, when Goldman is losing money, they don't cut loss. They probably need another research and justification before they find a buyer and do off market trades

They don't cut loss FYI.

U see china mz, price drop 50%, do you see temperton or indofood cutting loss or not?


Correct me if I am wrong, I believe the main reason why they (or any other BB) dont cut loss because they cant! They hold too much volume in the counter that any cut loss they do will probably drive prices down to the toilet!

As a retail investor, I have the advantage of liquidity because my holdings are small. So I as a retailer do have a distinct advantage over the BBs because I have liquidity on my side. I should exercise this advantage as much as I can. You are agree or not?
 

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
Correct me if I am wrong, I believe the main reason why they (or any other BB) dont cut loss because they cant! They hold too much volume in the counter that any cut loss they do will probably drive prices down to the toilet!

As a retail investor, I have the advantage of liquidity because my holdings are small. So I as a retailer do have a distinct advantage over the BBs because I have liquidity on my side. I should exercise this advantage as much as I can. You are agree or not?

Yes, but like I say, if u claim you have done enough research on fa or ta, then u shouldn't be afraid of the price weakening as long as there's no change in the company fundamental or the macroeconomic since it could be just temporary weakness .

And if price drifted down because the company fundamental, then queue at open and match off.

Simple right? Why would u need a price definate stop loss? I will use a price-definite stop loss if I'm chasing or trading but not if I know I'm buying value.

And did u research tell you that one shouldn't enter any trade if there's no valid exit strategy?

And so if your case, u already know there is no automated stop loss order type available aka your exit strategy in place then shouldn't u not have any investment at all?

That is also why I told u earlier, no trade cannot lose n no need to stop loss at all lor but instead correct me if im wrong, imo you are like demanding that there must be such order type available bcos u have open position?
 

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
26,802
Reaction score
24
If market closes against you, turn on pc at 0830hrs, key in sell order and throw at open, why still need a stop loss order at a specified price.

830 I ish driving to work jam at CTE :s13:

Its emotional for me. I want to make the decision when its least emotional. That is, before I have any positions.

You probably imo someone who dont like to lose money and so set a stop loss so low that u hope it won't hit at all.
Obviously I am someone who dont like to lose money. Obvious!
Obviously I would set a cut loss that I hope wont hit. Its like buying insurance you buy hoping you never need to use it.


If I wan to cut loss, I throw at open usually.

Or else just use the price alert app, hit your thereshold, if u are in meeting, SMS your broker n ask him throw.
I cannot picture myself doing that without going through any emotions. Maybe you can because you are seasoned. I cannot :(
 

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
830 I ish driving to work jam at CTE :s13:

Its emotional for me. I want to make the decision when its least emotional. That is, before I have any positions.


Obviously I am someone who dont like to lose money. Obvious!
Obviously I would set a cut loss that I hope wont hit. Its like buying insurance you buy hoping you never need to use it.



I cannot picture myself doing that without going through any emotions. Maybe you can because you are seasoned. I cannot :(

5 stages of grief

Stage 1: Shock and Surprise
Stage 2: Denial
Stage 3: Anger and Blame
Stage 4: Depression
Stage 5: Acceptance
Stage 6: Insight and Change

You probably need to see the price drop 50% from your entry px before u can move to stage 5 n queue your order and then chase to cut n hit 60%
 

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
26,802
Reaction score
24
Yes, but like I say, if u claim you have done enough research on fa or ta, then u shouldn't be afraid of the price weakening as long as there's no change in the company fundamental or the macroeconomic since it could be just temporary weakness .
I already say liao, No matter how much research one does, even hire a team of goldman sachs most elite analyst, also have something you cannot predict.


And if price drifted down because the company fundamental, then queue at open and match off.

Simple right? Why would u need a price definate stop loss? I will use a price-definite stop loss if I'm chasing or trading but not if I know I'm buying value.
Simple for you because you can sit down and monitor your stocks all day long and you are emotionally seasoned.
Simple for you doesnt mean simple for me. We each got our strength and weakness.

And did u research tell you that one shouldn't enter any trade if there's no valid exit strategy?
Yes
And so if your case, u already know there is no automated stop loss order type available aka your exit strategy in place then shouldn't u not have any investment at all?
I am considering Saxo, Poems Protrader and Stand chart. Most likely I will pick stand chart. Worse come to worse I will dance with the CFD/MM guys.


No trade cannot lose n no need to stop loss at all lor but instead correct me if im wrong, imo you are like demanding that there must be such order type available bcos u have open position?
Sorry if you see it that way
 

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
26,802
Reaction score
24
5 stages of grief

Stage 1: Shock and Surprise
Stage 2: Denial
Stage 3: Anger and Blame
Stage 4: Depression
Stage 5: Acceptance
Stage 6: Insight and Change

You probably need to see the price drop 50% from your entry px before u can move to stage 5 n queue your order and then chase to cut n hit 60%
Yes I am this kind of person.
That is precisely the reason why I need a auto cut loss so bad.


Just how many times do you want to point out my weakness? Does it bring you pleasure to keep on harping at my weakness? Do you need me to send an email to everyone and tell them what a loser I am because I am emotional and cannot do cut loss myself?
 
Last edited:

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
Yes I am this kind of person.
That is precisely the reason why I need a auto cut loss so bad.

Like you said, your stop loss px is probably sooooo low also lah..

Be confident of yourself lah. You lacked confidence but yet "cocky" at times. Lol
 

wahkao3

High Supremacy Member
Joined
Mar 6, 2005
Messages
26,802
Reaction score
24
Like you said, your stop loss px is probably sooooo low also lah..

Be confident of yourself lah. You lacked confidence but yet "cocky" at times. Lol
I am only "cocky" when I know exactly what I am saying and able to back it up with facts, numbers or logic
 

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2009
Messages
86,036
Reaction score
20
I am only "cocky" when I know exactly what I am saying and able to back it up with facts, numbers or logic

Yeah, but the fact, number or logic are also not derived by you right?

you just need to be sure of yourself, right or wrong, if u feel its right, then just do it, no regret.

Dont be like me, failure in life n everything.
 

WaSiSGKia

Supremacy Member
Joined
May 5, 2010
Messages
7,788
Reaction score
1
If market closes against you, turn on pc at 0830hrs, key in sell order and throw at open, why still need a stop loss order at a specified price.

You probably imo someone who dont like to lose money and so set a stop loss so low that u hope it won't hit at all.

If I wan to cut loss, I throw at open usually.

Or else just use the price alert app, hit your thereshold, if u are in meeting, SMS your broker n ask him throw.

hi, would liek to ask, must it be at 0830hrs? can i do it earlier in the day? wats the difference?
 
Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ Forums. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts. Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards and Terms and Conditions for more information.
Top